Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:47 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 40 amp J1772 plug / cable assembly for External Timer use
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:35 am 

Quick Charge Power will now offer a special "Timer Edition" of the 40 amp J1772 plug and cable assembly for your EVSE that will work even if your EV goes "asleep" when not charging (like the Toyota Rav4 EV).

With our unique configuration, you can manipulate the proximity signal at the relay end of your EVSE with your own timer (not supplied). We will ship the "Timer Edition" with the proximity signal connected to the blue wire for just $10. You simply place your timer between the blue wire and ground. If you don't use a timer, you can just connect the blue wire at the relay end of the EVSE to ground, even without a timer. That means that you can include the LED feature for another $10.

Your EV will charge until you press the disconnect button on the J1772 handle/plug or until the EV automatically stops when your EV's battery is full. You can also add a 330 ohm resistor and normally closed switch in series to make an EVSE disconnect switch anywhere you'd like, even inside your house. It could also be connected to temperature sensors that will shut down the charge anytime one of them sense an overtemp.

In addition, you can place a second timer with a 330 ohm resistor in parallel to automatically stop the charge per your schedule and needs (for instance, to stay within a public utility "Time of Use") even if the EV isn't fully charged.

You control the start time on your schedule AND wake up the Rav4 EV / Tesla Model S / X, etc. This feature is only $10 (timer not included) in addition to the retail price of the 40 amp J1772 plug / cable assembly.

This Timer Edition feature is available for $10 and also with the LED light feature for another $10, both above the cost of the 40 amp J1772 plug & cable assembly.

No other J1772 plug / cable assembly has these features available.

JESLAtm, the 40 amp J1772 portable charging solution
JLongtm, the J1772 extension cord solution
J1772 plug and cable assemblies, 32, 40 and 50 amp
J1772 plug and cable "Timer Edition" for 40 amp

http://www.QuickChargePower.com

Paid Sponsor to the MyRavEV forum

Post subject: Re: 40 amp J1772 plug / cable assembly for External Timer us
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:20 am 

Tony,

I have a Tesla UMC and would like to have your company perform the JESLA conversion. I’m new to this process. Which version would you recommend for a RAV4 EV, the standard version with the LED J1772 or the “timer” edition. Where can I find a timer that works with the “timer” version? Also, how would I order the conversion? Your website only have one option for the conversion service. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: 40 amp J1772 plug / cable assembly for External Timer us
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:39 pm 

Terran wrote:
Tony, I have a Tesla UMC and would like to have your company perform the JESLA conversion. I’m new to this process. Which version would you recommend for a RAV4 EV, the standard version with the LED J1772 or the “timer” edition. Where can I find a timer that works with the “timer” version? Also, how would I order the conversion? Your website only have one option for the conversion service. Thanks in advance!

For your UMC, the conversion will include the LED light. Just make your payment with PayPal from our website and send in the UMC.

For you conventional (non portable) wall charge station (Like the HPWC from Tesla or the many other choices out there), we can send you our new "timer" cable assembly for you to install with your timer, or you can send us the HPWC and we can convert it for you. I have changed the design, so now you can include the LED feature for another $10.

Note: there is a suggested 40 amp limit on our Timer Edition cable. Send us an email at sales@QuickChargePower.com with any additional questions.