Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Charging Station RENTAL - Get a JESLA overnighted to you!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: San Diego
It happens... you find yourself with an EV and in desperate need of something temporary to charge with anywhere, that is also capable of charging fast. Perhaps your existing charge station isn't working well, or you're taking a trip and need a portable charge cord to take with you. Or you rented or borrowed an EV. Or, perhaps, you're new to EV's and don't know what to purchase yet.

Here it is! The world's first charging station rental, from Quick Charge Power. We can have a genuine JESLAtm, the 40 amp portable J1772 charging solution, shipped overnight to your door and use it to plug into any 30 amp dryer outlet, 20 amp air conditioner outlet, RV park "50 amp service", and of course, any household 120 volt outlet. This will charge EVERY electric plug-in vehicle currently sold in North America (and also Type 1 in Europe, TESLA requires adaptor, just ask).

Your rental will include a carrying bag, several plugs (check to make sure the plug you want is available), and a padlock to secure your rental.


Plugs available:

NEMA 5-15, household outlet, 12 amps / 120 volts
NEMA 5-20, motel air conditioners, 16 amps / 120 volts
NEMA 10-30, old style dryer outlet, 24 amps / 240 volts
NEMA 14-30, new style dryer outlet, 24 amps / 240 volts
NEMA 14-50, RV park "50 amp service", 40 amps / 240 volts


****************************************

Phone:
+1-844-EV-PARTS
+1-844-387-2787

JESLA charge station rental from Quick Charge Power, click here


Image


****************************************


Image


****************************************

Image


Quick Charge Power LLC is a paid vendor to this forum
JESLAtm is a trademark of Quick Charge Power, LLC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charging Station RENTAL - Get a JESLA overnighted to you
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:31 am 
Offline
Site Moderator

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 1213
Location: San Jose, CA
Good idea. How much?

Don't you offer an 250V, 20A (NEMA 6-20P) adapter as well? Some Motel A/C units use these type of outlets.

_________________
Owner of 2012 Classic Silver RAV4 EV, 2012 Silver VOLT & 2008 Red C6 Z06
EMW JuiceBox Basic (fully optioned & customized) EVSE L2 charging station
https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/TRVh161550


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charging Station RENTAL - Get a JESLA overnighted to you
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: San Diego
Dsinned wrote:
Good idea. How much?

Don't you offer an 250V, 20A (NEMA 6-20P) adapter as well? Some Motel A/C units use these type of outlets.


$75 monthly.

Yes, I have made NEMA 5-20R to L6-20P adaptor that can be used with 240 volt (instead of the 120 volt NEMA 5-20 outlet). Either way, it will still automatically send a 16 amp pilot signal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charging Station RENTAL - Get a JESLA overnighted to you
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Los Altos, CA
TonyWilliams wrote:
Dsinned wrote:
Good idea. How much?

Don't you offer an 250V, 20A (NEMA 6-20P) adapter as well? Some Motel A/C units use these type of outlets.


$75 monthly.

Yes, I have made NEMA 5-20R to L6-20P adaptor that can be used with 240 volt (instead of the 120 volt NEMA 5-20 outlet). Either way, it will still automatically send a 16 amp pilot signal.
L6-20 is a twist lock. Is that really what you meant?

_________________
2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar | Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 Limestone Gray e-Golf LE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charging Station RENTAL - Get a JESLA overnighted to you
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:27 am
Posts: 156
This is a great idea, Tony, and the price is right. Fantastic for new owners or someone with a trip.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charging Station RENTAL - Get a JESLA overnighted to you
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: San Diego
miimura wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:
Dsinned wrote:
Good idea. How much?

Don't you offer an 250V, 20A (NEMA 6-20P) adapter as well? Some Motel A/C units use these type of outlets.


$75 monthly.

Yes, I have made NEMA 5-20R to L6-20P adaptor that can be used with 240 volt (instead of the 120 volt NEMA 5-20 outlet). Either way, it will still automatically send a 16 amp pilot signal.
L6-20 is a twist lock. Is that really what you meant?


Yes.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charging Station RENTAL - Get a JESLA overnighted to you
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:13 pm
Posts: 1605
Location: Los Altos, CA
A regular 6-20P could also be useful. It has the opposite horizontal/vertical blades as the 5-20P.

_________________
2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar | Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 Limestone Gray e-Golf LE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charging Station RENTAL - Get a JESLA overnighted to you
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:44 pm 
Offline
Site Moderator

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 am
Posts: 1213
Location: San Jose, CA
Yep, that was my thinking as well. I made a 5' long, 6-20P to 14-50R adapter cord so that if I am ever lucky enough to stay in a Motel with a 220V powered A/C, I would be able to charge my EV parked outside my room. You won't find too many "twist lock" outlets in Motel rooms. :P

_________________
Owner of 2012 Classic Silver RAV4 EV, 2012 Silver VOLT & 2008 Red C6 Z06
EMW JuiceBox Basic (fully optioned & customized) EVSE L2 charging station
https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/TRVh161550


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Charging Station RENTAL - Get a JESLA overnighted to you
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: San Diego
Dsinned wrote:
Yep, that was my thinking as well. I made a 5' long, 6-20P to 14-50R adapter cord so that if I am ever lucky enough to stay in a Motel with a 220V powered A/C, I would be able to charge my EV parked outside my room. You won't find too many "twist lock" outlets in Motel rooms. :P


Yes, the twist locks are typically for generators.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
© Toyota Rav4 EV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group