Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dianne's Feb 4 thru March 3 deals for the Rav4 EVs
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:54 pm 

Why not contact Dianne and just ask her directly what is needed?

I suspect a CA mailing address for registration and lease statements would be a minimum. However, they will have your credit info to process the transaction, so if they really want to close all the loopholes, that would be the way. No CA address in credit profile, no lease incentive. That would be pretty extreme, but not unthinkable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:31 pm 

[quote="miimura"]Why not contact Dianne and just ask her directly what is needed?

I suspect a CA mailing address for registration and lease statements would be a minimum. However, they will have your credit info to process the transaction, so if they really want to close all the loopholes, that would be the way. No CA address in credit profile, no lease incentive. That would be pretty extreme, but not unthinkable.[/quote]

Thanks, just send her an email.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:29 pm 

Car has to be sold to a resident of the state of CA.
If you lie about your residence or credit information on the credit app, you're subject to fraud.

The cars need to be registered to a CALIF resident at a California address with a California driver's license to get the rebate for 2,500 from TFS or the lease cap reduction of $16,500, it requires TFS' approval.

You can't just get a PO box. It's not going to work that way.

If credit is run at some strange address, you have the red flag law to contend with, as the lender will require you to prove residence there. Again, fraud if you're faking it.

Not worth it. The penalty for this is pretty unpleasant. And, I might add, I am not going to be involved in this type of scheme so don't email me. You put my dealership at risk for TFS to NOT pay the $16,500 rebate that's on your contract and that's not happening on my watch.

Dianne

949-689-0717 cell
310-522-2317 office
In my garage:
2013 Rav4 EV Blue #2030 & 2014 Rav4 EV blue #3473
2012 Prius PlugIn
My son is a USMC Sergeant & am SO proud of him!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:43 pm 

Dianne - is there any restriction if you purchase without rebate and don't involve TFS?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:58 am 

Thanks for the clarification Dianne. This was mostly just exploratory. I'm not trying to do something fraudulent, just trying to see what options are out there for out of state buyers.

From the sounds of it, you really need to start with a qualified California resident who will purchase the car. Off to the used market it seems for Out of Cali people.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:14 am 

I wasn't accusing anyone of fraud per se, just trying to deter anyone from plotting a PO box and a fake ID (LOL) ...
I'm open to ideas, but here's the thing. If you are out of state and pay cash, you need an MSO to register the car in your home state. If Toyota doesn't want out of state registration and deliveries, they are well within their rights to refuse an MSO as well.

Now what?

twbaker wrote:
Thanks for the clarification Dianne. This was mostly just exploratory. I'm not trying to do something fraudulent, just trying to see what options are out there for out of state buyers.

From the sounds of it, you really need to start with a qualified California resident who will purchase the car. Off to the used market it seems for Out of Cali people.

949-689-0717 cell
310-522-2317 office
In my garage:
2012 Prius PlugIn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:29 am 

If you aren't having luck in the used market and know someone in CA, I suppose they could lease the car themselves, buy out the lease (makes more sense to buy the car this way than a straight purchase with the current incentives), then you could buy it from them "gently used."

I don't think there'd be anything fraudulent about that, it'd just be a big headache. Oh and your friend / you would probably be ineligible for the $2500 CA rebate, of course. And of course you'd still have to contend with out-of-state service issues.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:34 am 

I know! I'll sell you my blue one (16K miles) for $35K. It's perfect except for a large white HOV sticker on the rear bumper that you won't need.
And, I know Tony Williams will sell you his white one for less, it's got more miles on it.
I can lease myself another one (I'm sold out now, but can lease another one in March or April and pray for a decent incentive)

I mention $35K because I'd have to inform the CVRP that I sold my car and won't be re-registering it in 2014 again, and see what they do as far as prorating my $2,500 state incentive check... or if they will just demand the $ back. That would net me out at about $32,500 and that's what I feel the car is worth right now based on current incentives to lease a new one.

Dianne

949-689-0717 cell
310-522-2317 office
In my garage:
2012 Prius PlugIn

Last edited by Dianne on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:35 am 

Agree.

fooljoe wrote:
If you aren't having luck in the used market and know someone in CA, I suppose they could lease the car themselves, buy out the lease (makes more sense to buy the car this way than a straight purchase with the current incentives), then you could buy it from them "gently used."

I don't think there'd be anything fraudulent about that, it'd just be a big headache. Oh and your friend / you would probably be ineligible for the $2500 CA rebate, of course. And of course you'd still have to contend with out-of-state service issues.

949-689-0717 cell
310-522-2317 office
In my garage:
2012 Prius PlugIn