Scheduled charging with upgraded evse

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD172

So I had my included evse upgraded so I don't use the Blink anymore. I'm still waiting on my Clipper Creek charge station. I found that when the Rav4 says it will begin charging its lying. I began last night by plugging in the evse to determine the charge start time and then adjusted the departure time to make the start time after 12:00am. Initially it seemed it was determining the time from a 240v charger however every time I plugged the evse the charge would begin immediately as if it felt it was a 120v. I then based the time off of 120 and changed the departure time to 12:00pm. The charge start time then indicated 12:10am. I plugged in the evse and it did not begin charging so I went to sleep. I woke up this morning and found the charger charged the vehicle from 10:28pm to 2:10am. I'm trying to be patient for the new charger but this has been getting frustrating.

HD172 said:
So I had my included evse upgraded so I don't use the Blink anymore. I'm still waiting on my Clipper Creek charge station. I found that when the Rav4 says it will begin charging its lying. I began last night by plugging in the evse to determine the charge start time and then adjusted the departure time to make the start time after 12:00am. Initially it seemed it was determining the time from a 240v charger however every time I plugged the evse the charge would begin immediately as if it felt it was a 120v. I then based the time off of 120 and changed the departure time to 12:00pm. The charge start time then indicated 12:10am. I plugged in the evse and it did not begin charging so I went to sleep. I woke up this morning and found the charger charged the vehicle from 10:28pm to 2:10am. I'm trying to be patient for the new charger but this has been getting frustrating.
My Rav4-EV does not have "start time" programing. It only has "departure time" (that is end time) programing. Would it be possible that you were programing end time instead of start time?

Yes it is the departure time that I am setting. Once a scheduled departure time is set you can look under the charge management screen and it will give you the start time based on how long it thinks it will need to charge and meet the departure time. I set the departure time to 2:00 pm last night and my charger started at 2:00 am and finished at 5:00 am. So the rav thinks it will take a lot longer to charge. It's not perfect but it's workable.

Back