iPhone messaging not working

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deebrio

Hey all, new Rav4 owner. I had a 2001 Eclipse before so all the on board technology is a bit new for me. I'm pretty good with technology and was able to set up everything else with no problem. I saw many post that were dated a couple of years ago about the iPhone not being able to do the messaging part of the apps. Then I saw a few posts saying that they got it to work. I have an iPhone 4s right now, but am waiting for the iPhone 5 in the mail. Not sure if the upgrade will make a difference....I'm sure there is a setting I am overlooking, and I would appreciate any info if anyone can help me. thanks!

On iPhone:
Settings->Bluetooth->"Car Multimedia" (or whatever the car is called after pairing)->Info->Show Notifications-ON

In my experience the Reply function on the NAV screen does not work. I have heard that it works with many Android phones.

miimura said:
On iPhone:
Settings->Bluetooth->"Car Multimedia" (or whatever the car is called after pairing)->Info->Show Notifications-ON

In my experience the Reply function on the NAV screen does not work. I have heard that it works with many Android phones.
Is there a similar setting for Android phones? This feature works with my Nexus 5 in the Focus without any additional setup but I've never had it working in the RAV4.

DevinL said:
Is there a similar setting for Android phones? This feature works with my Nexus 5 in the Focus without any additional setup but I've never had it working in the RAV4.
My Nexus 5 works with messaging without having to go through any special setup, but you might want to check the following when in the RAV4 and paired... Go to Settings... Bluetooth... Click on the equalizer icon to the right of the RAV4 listing under paired devices... There should be a list of profiles (i.e. phone, audio, and messaging). Make sure all are selected. For some reason mine doesn't show the messaging profile option unless I'm currently connected to the RAV4.

yblaser said:
DevinL said:
My Nexus 5 works with messaging without having to go through any special setup, but you might want to check the following when in the RAV4 and paired... Go to Settings... Bluetooth... Click on the equalizer icon to the right of the RAV4 listing under paired devices... There should be a list of profiles (i.e. phone, audio, and messaging). Make sure all are selected. For some reason mine doesn't show the messaging profile option unless I'm currently connected to the RAV4.
I played around with this yesterday and discovered that I must have hit the "no" button when it asked if I wanted to allow the car to access my messages when I first set it up. I deleted the phone from the car's Bluetooth list and re-linked it which sorted it out and now I can get messages on the car.

Back