J1772 charge cord connector dust cap protector

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsinned

I don't know how to post pictures here to show what I'm about to describe, but I recently picked up a black rubber 1-1/2" ID, QWIK CAP, Type QC-101 available at Home Depot stores (stk #018578000483) for under 3 bucks. It is about 3/8" thickness all around and about 1" deep. This inexpensive cap, made by FERNCO INC, or something similar in size, preferrably made of soft flexible rubber, can be used as a "slip-on" dust cap on the end of a J1772 charge cord connector. This cap will keep the internal contacts clean and prevent the hard plastic insulation material at the end of the connector from cracking or fragmenting if inadvertently dropped on a hard floor. Frankly, I feel a protection cap should come with these seemingly very OVERPRICED EVSE L2 chargers. However, NONE actually do, that I know of. Although a dust cap is not total protection, it should help quite a bit to protect your very expensive J1772 charge cord connector. :mrgreen:

Back