BC2BC-2015 Mexico 2 Canada, Sep 13-20, 2015

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

The BC2BC-2015 All Electric Vehicle Rally will be held during the National Plug-In Week.

The official start:

National Drive Electric Week Event - Los Angeles

Day: Sunday, September 13, 2015
Time: 11:00 am
South Lawn behind the Natural History Museum
Bill Robertson Lane between Expo Blvd. and MLK
Los Angeles, CA 90037

Tony Williams
3rd Annual Rally Organizer
BC2BC-2015 All Electric Vehicle Rally
3000 Miles from Mexico to Canada and return
September 13, 2015 until September 20, 2015
BC2BC AllElectricVehicleRally.org Event https://www.Facebook.com/groups/AllElectricVehicleRally

The third annual BC2BC-2014 "All Electric Vehicle Rally", 1500 miles from Mexico to Canada, is planned for August 9, 2014 - August 17, 2014. The start will be in the Long Beach Sports Arena, however we will drive south to the Mexico border (but not cross it with a car), then on to Vancouver, BC. Bring your passport for Canada and your A game! Again, we will not be entering Mexico with cars, but we will enter Canada.

To register, just send a note from the contact page at:

http://www.AllElectricVehicleRally.org

There will be an entry fee this year to offset graphics, vehicle tracking, support, and the launch party in Long Beach.

One small change from previous announcements; we will be starting on Saturday night, Aug 9.

As always, your input on proposed rule changes for 2014, cool ideas, etc, are appreciated. This event is primarily to bring awareness to the general public about EVs, and we are all ambassadors in that endeavor. If you have contacts in media along our route, that is probably the single biggest help we could receive.

Our Stages will be:

STAGE I - August 9, 2014 - 641 miles MINIMUM - Long Beach, California area start
STAGE II - August 12, 2014 - 637 miles MINIMUM - San Francisco, California area start
STAGE III - August 15, 2014 - 173 miles MINIMUM - Portland, Oregon area start
STAGE IV - August 16, 2014 - 140 miles MINIMUM - Seattle, Washington area start
Rally End- August 17, 2014 -------------------- Vancouver, British Columbia

Total MINIMUM miles - 1592

Stage Overnight Points for BC2BC-2014

a) Long Beach, California, August 8-9, 2014, meet at 5pm, leave that evening.

b) San Francisco, California, August 11-12, 2014, meet at 8am, leave at 9am

c) Portland, Oregon, August 14-15, 2014, meet at 1pm, leave at 2pm

d) Seattle, Washington, August 15-16, 2014, meet at 8am, leave at 9am

e) Vancouver, British Colombia, August 16-17, 2014, end

Due to popular demand, Impromptu Entrants can join in at Stage Overnight locations in the rally. For 2014, they are Long Beach, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle.

1) Your car must be all-electric.
2) Your vehicle leaves last, after all the registered rally participants.
3) You cannot earn points, prizes, awards, or benefit from sponsor supplied bits and services.
4) You cannot interfere, or aid, any other participant. No blocking or holding charging stations for others.
5) The total number of Impromptu Entrants may be limited, without notice.
6) Impromptu Entrants will be assigned a three digit rally number in sequential order.
7) You must preregister with your starting and ending points

There will be three classes this year:

Unlimited Class - all other street legal cars, no restrictions to battery size
Motorcycle Class - all street legal bikes, no restrictions to battery size
100 Mile Class - any street legal car EPA rated below 100 miles with stock battery capacity

There will be two routes; one for Unlimited Class, and the other for Motorcycle and 100 Mile Class

Tony Williams
Rally Organizer
1500 Miles from Mexico to Canada
August 10, 2014 until August 17, 2014
http://www.AllElectricVehicleRally.org Official Website
http://www.Twitter.com/QCpower #BC2BC
https://www.Facebook.com/groups/AllElectricVehicleRally

image-4.jpg

Below is previous 2013 event

BC2BC - All Electric Vehicle Rally

BC2BC All Electric Vehicle Rally is on Facebook

BC2BCLogo2013.jpg

The patches that the drivers will get on their jackets:

BC2BCwestCoastElectricHighway.gif

BC2BCLogoJacketPatchNames.jpg

We now have 10 vehicles, and 13 drivers for the rally. They are from British Columbia, Washington state, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Florida. It's no surprise that many of these entries are experienced at long distance electric vehicle travel, and that many of them are Tesla cars!! But, there are those who this might be the first time traveling outside their comfort zone.

The vehicles are:

Zero motorcycle
Tesla Model S
Tesla Roadster
Mitsubishi iMiev
Nissan LEAF
PSIDA Motorcycle
Toyota Rav4 EV Gen II

I expect that we may have a BMW ActiveE, also.

Below is a recap of the current first post in this thread:

The second annual BC2BC All Electric Vehicle Rally starts Saturday, June 29, 2013 at the Peace Arch Park in Blaine, Washington and ends at the McDonalds restaurant in San Ysidro, California on July 7, 2013. All vehicle will be powered solely by electricity, and have no fossil fuel augmentation whatsoever.

I would like to extend an invitation for all EV drivers within range of Blaine, Washington on June 29, 2013 to attend the launch party. This rally will start in conjunction with the "Golden Plug Ceremony" between the state of Washington and province of British Columbia. This is planned to be a "governor/premier level event".

There will be power at the site (up to 50 amp 240 volt AC and CHAdeMO DC service), in addition to the AAA recharge truck with CHAdeMO and possibly a VIA truck with generator onboard. Please arrive with as much power as you can. Charging will be done at the south end of the parking lot at the Peace Arch Park.

9am - Reception and breakfast
10am - Driver's meeting
11am - Keynote speakers
12pm - First vehicles launch in interval for BC2BC-2013
1pm - End of formal functions, park reserved through the entire day however

We hope to have at least 50 EVs at the event, with parking for up to 250 cars from the public. Approximately 100 people, dignitaries, manufacturer representatives and government officials have been invited by the Washington state DOT. We expect the governor and premier to plug in a gold colored CHAdeMO plug, much like the golden spike ceremony for the transcontinental railroad. We won't have comfirmation on the premier until after the May 14 election in BC. We are working with local television and radio to participate.

July 1 is Canada day, so it is a long holiday weekend for folks north of the border. That could mean two hour waits through customs, but Canadians coming to the event can bypass that by parking in the area on the Canadian side on Beach Ave in Surrey, BC and walking to the USA side for the ceremony and launch party. Do not leave the park boundary on the USA side without clearing customs first. The reverse is also true; USA citizens can walk into Canada, but cannot leave the provincial park.

Vendors will be displaying their products at the launch.

There is a kitchen that can handle 100 people inside that we also rented, and 400 outside. Please purchase the ten dollar state park pass is, as it is required at Peace Arch state park. We intend to have catered food, but that is not confirmed as of this writing.

Our website should be up at: BC2BC - All Electric Vehicle Rally. We will be flying three flags; Canada, USA and Mexico, but of course, we need a green flag to launch the cars! We're looking for volunteers to be marshals, and operate equipment. We also need a diesel or gasoline truck that can pull 8000 pounds with a 800 pound DC charger in the back.

For the night before the event, June 28, 2013, I've decided to stay at the following hotel. It's almost walking distance from the start, relatively cheap, and clean:

Anchor Inn Motel
250 Cedar St
Blaine, WA
(360) 332-5539

Also, I intend to participate in a gathering in Surrey, BC on Friday night, June 28, 2013 with electric vehicle owners.

Tony Williams
858-245-8217
All Electric Vehicle Rally Organizer
BC2BC-2013
1500 Miles from Canada to Mexico
June 29, 2013 until July 8, 2013

If you want to enter as a rally competitor, shoot an email to:

[email protected]

There is no entry fee of any kind.

Driver name and alternate driver / passenger (if any):

Team name (if any):

Official sponsor(s) (if any):

Address:

email address:

Cell Phone to be used during event:

Year/Make/Model:

License Plate #

Jacket size (neck/sleeve length in inches):
(May 24, 2013 deadline to get a entry jacket, however you will be able to buy one for $65 after this date. It will have the West Coast Electric Highway logo on the back, and the BC2BC logo on the front.)

Bio for website:

Profile picture with competing car for website:

The four Stages are:

Peace Arch State Park, WA to Mc Donald's in San Ysidro, CA - Google Maps

June 29, 2013 - Start: Blaine, Washington at Peace Arch State Park

Stage 1. 529 miles

July 1-2, 2013 - Grant's Pass, Oregon (here, you can decide 199 to 101 south or continue on 5 south), La Quinta Inn, 243 Northeast Morgan Ln, Grants Pass, (541) 472-1808, $109

Stage 2. 374 miles

July 4-5, 2013 - Santa Rosa, California - Hyatt Vineyard Creek, 170 Railroad St, (707) 284-1234, $111, numerous EVSE options in the area

Stage 3. 274 miles

July 6-7, 2013 - San Luis Obispo, California - Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo, 333 Madonna Road, (805) 549-0800, $140, Four public Clipper Creek CS-40 EVSEs, free, no card required

Stage 4. 321 miles

End of Event - San Ysidro, California - McDonalds, 4449 Camino De La Plaza

1508 miles total

I do have a verdict on checkpoints. They will be virtually every EV prominent place I can think of along the route. Instead of cards, you will take your picture with YOU, your CAR, and something that identifies the CHECKPOINT all in the same picture. The picture will be exchanged for cards at the Stage Overnight Points. The picture must contain the ACTUAL building; not just a sign.

So, start suggesting:

Telsa Store
435 Westlake Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109

Tesla Store
9585 SW Washington Square Road Suite #C06
Portland, OR 97223

Brammo Inc (electric motorcycle manufacturer)
Brammo Company Information
550 Clover Lane
Ashland, Oregon 97520

Tesla Motors (electric vehicle manufacturer)
45500 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538

Tesla Store
333 Santana Row Suite 1035
San Jose, CA 95128

Zero Motorcycles (manufacturer of electric motorcycles)
ZERO MOTORCYCLES || CONTACT US || Electric Motorcycles
380 El Pueblo Road
Scotts Valley, CA 95066

Tesla Store
300 El Camino Real
Menlo Park, CA 94025

Tesla Store
6600 Topanga Canyon Boulevard
Canoga Park, CA 91303

Tesla Store
1227 3rd Street Promenade
Santa Monica, CA 90401

Tesla Store
10250 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite #133
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Tesla Store
367 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Tesla Store
4545 La Jolla Village Drive
San Diego CA 92122

Hi Tony,

The Tesla store in at zip 90067 is in the Century City mall (formerly the Coda store). It is not possible to get a photo of the store AND your vehicle as the checkpoint. Well, you could, but mall security will come chasing after you. Might I suggest the SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne instead? It's off the 105 freeway about 2 miles east of the 405.

1 Rocket Rd, Hawthorne, CA 90250

There's a supercharger station there too.

Khaihon said:
Hi Tony,

The Tesla store in at zip 90067 is in the Century City mall (formerly the Coda store). It is not possible to get a photo of the store AND your vehicle as the checkpoint. Well, you could, but mall security will come chasing after you. Might I suggest the SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne instead? It's off the 105 freeway about 2 miles east of the 405.

1 Rocket Rd, Hawthorne, CA 90250

There's a supercharger station there too.

SpaceX? I like it.

Just signed up our second eBike participant. You know, the bikes almost always win the Baja 1000...

If you're on the fence about participating, May 24 is the cutoff to get a participant jacket. You can still enter afterwards right up to 9am on June 29, 2013, however you won't get some of the bling.

Also, I would like to extend a invitation for each of you within Rav4 range of Blaine, Washington to attend the launch part at the Peace Archy. This rally will start in conjunction with the "Golden Plug Ceremony" between the state of Washington and province of British Columbia. This is planned to be a "governor level event".

9am - Reception and breakfast
10am - Driver's meeting
11am - Keynote speakers
12pm - First vehicles launch in interval for BC2BC-2013
1pm - End of formal functions, park reserved through the entire day however

We hope to have at least 50 EVs at the event, with parking for up to 250 cars from the public. Approximately 100 people, dignitaries, manufacturer representatives and government officials have been invited by the Washington state DOT. We expect the governor and premier to plug in a gold colored CHAdeMO plug, much like the golden spike ceremony for the transcontinental railroad. We wont have comfirmation on the premier until after the May 14 election in BC. We are working on a local radio station to participate.

July 1 is Canada day, so it is a long holiday weekend for folks north of the border. That could mean two hour waits through customs, but Canadians coming to the event can bypass that by parking in the area on the Canadian side and walking to the USA side for the ceremony and launch party. Do not leave the park boundary on the USA side without clearing customs first.

I expect participation from the local Tesla store with a display Model S and whatever bling they can spare (hats, t-shirts, license plate frames, etc). Tesla Accessories also will provide some bling, and we're working on a door prizes. I also expect some involvement from non-Tesla related outfits like Brammo electric motorcycles.

There is a kitchen that can handle 100 people inside that we also rented, and 400 outside. A ten dollar state park pass is required. We intend to have catered food. We should also have 120/240 volt service on site, but please arrive with as much power as you can.

Our website will not be up for about 3 weeks. We will be flying three flags; Canada, USA and Mexico. Of course, we need a green flag to launch the cars!

If you want to enter as a rally competitor, shoot an email to:

[email protected]

Driver name and alternate driver / passenger (if any):

Team name (if any):

Official sponsor(s) (if any):

Address:

email address:

Cell Phone to be used during event:

Year/Make/Model:

License Plate #

Jacket size (neck/sleeve length in inches). May 24, 2013 deadline to get an entry jacket.

Bio for website:

Profile picture with competing car for website:

TonyWilliams said:
Also, I would like to extend a invitation for each of you within Rav4 range of Blaine, Washington to attend the launch part at the Peace Archy. This rally will start in conjunction with the "Golden Plug Ceremony" between the state of Washington and province of British Columbia. This is planned to be a "governor level event".
I'm in... Invitation accepted for the launch part :) Saturday morning, June 29... It's on my calendar.
PM me if you need more info.

Tony and all 2013 BC2BC EV Rally participants: Thanks for doing this exciting rally. I live in the Silicon Valley in California and have a lot of clean energy. My garage is EV ready and I will be happy to provide charging services. My 400 Amp feed provides several 40Amp charging. I have 3 reliable J-charging stations: 1 at 32Amp, 1 at 30Amp, and 1 at 75Amp. I also have four 40amp outlets: 14-50, 6-50, etc. If you have a Model S inlet in your Rav, you could use my Model S HPWC (80Amp) too.

Please let me know if I can be any service.

waidy said:
Tony and all 2013 BC2BC EV Rally participants: Thanks for doing this exciting rally. I live in the Silicon Valley in California and have a lot of clean energy. My garage is EV ready and I will be happy to provide charging services. My 400 Amp feed provides several 40Amp charging. I have 3 reliable J-charging stations: 1 at 32Amp, 1 at 30Amp, and 1 at 75Amp. I also have four 40amp outlets: 14-50, 6-50, etc. If you have a Model S inlet in your Rav, you could use my Model S HPWC (80Amp) too.

I might take you up on this (as I did last year!!! Thanks!).

I don't know yet what car ill be driving, but it will probably be a Rav4 EV.

We have Tesla Model S (several), Roadster, my Rav4 EV, LEAF (several), Mitsubishi iMiev, ZERO motorcycle, another motorcycle, and probably a BMW ActiveE.

TonyWilliams said:
I might take you up on this (as I did last year!!! Thanks!).

I don't know yet what car ill be driving, but it will probably be a Rav4 EV.

We have Tesla Model S (several), Roadster, my Rav4 EV, LEAF (several), Mitsubishi iMiev, ZERO motorcycle, another motorcycle, and probably a BMW ActiveE.
Yes, yes, please come. Let me know how many people will spend the night. There are the one bedroom guest apartment (you stayed last year), and there are 1 guest room (with attached bath) and a study (which you used working on your computer last year, bath room across the hall). If my daughter is not home, there is another extra bedroom (with attached bath). Therefore total of 3 guest rooms and a 1 bedroom guest apartment. I will pm you my phone number and address again.

waidy said:

THIS IS FANTASTIC, I knew nothing about it until just now...

It is too late for me to participate this year...Would someone send out a notice earlier next year? (sorry if I missed it, but I don't hang here regularly)

I would like to add my house as a stop over. We are 3 minutes off 101, at Willow Road in Menlo Park, CA (fairly near the Tesla showroom, BTW) We have one Leviton 40 amp charger and a single and a double bed.

Please let me know if we can be of service...(is there an echo in here...?) :)

thanks

craig

capod said:
It is too late for me to participate this year...Would someone send out a notice earlier next year? (sorry if I missed it, but I don't hang here regularly)

Thanks for the offer. I believe this year's event was announced in December 2012. Perhaps we'll see you at one of the pit stops along the way in the SF Bay Area?

TonyWilliams said:
capod said:

Thanks for the offer. I believe this year's event was announced in December 2012. Perhaps we'll see you at one of the pit stops along the way in the SF Bay Area?

Since I did not join till this year, that explains it...where are the pit stops? (or where do find an FAQ for the event)

thanks

c/

capod said:
Since I did not join till this year, that explains it...where are the pit stops? (or where do find an FAQ for the event)

The four Stages are:

Peace Arch State Park, WA to Mc Donald's in San Ysidro, CA - Google Maps

June 29, 2013 - Start: Blaine, Washington at Peace Arch State Park

Stage 1. 529 miles

July 1-2, 2013 - Grant's Pass, Oregon (here, you can decide 199 to 101 south or continue on 5 south), La Quinta Inn, 243 Northeast Morgan Ln, Grants Pass

Stage 2. 374 miles

July 4-5, 2013 - Santa Rosa, California - Hyatt Vineyard Creek, 170 Railroad St

Stage 3. 274 miles

July 6-7, 2013 - San Luis Obispo, California - Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo, 333 Madonna Road

Stage 4. 321 miles

End of Event - San Ysidro, California - McDonalds, 4449 Camino De La Plaza

1508 miles total

This rally is going to be changing in the next couple of years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TszRyT8hjJE

Back