RavCharge Question

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tee2

Is there a way to get the app to accept more than 35 kWH? If I use an extended charge it would be nice if it showed that.

Thanks in advance.

That is a limitation in the car. Just like the dashboard gauge doesn't show the extended charge, neither does the Entune App. RavCharge is just a web hosted interface to Entune. However, if you select the Extended Charge mode, it will properly calculate the time to charge given your inputs for voltage and amperage.

The capacity slider in the settings area of RavCharge only applies to the capacity of a normal (aka 80%) charge, which is why it can't be set higher than 35 kwh. This setting should only be modified if you have a very good reason to believe that your battery's capacity has degraded measurably.

While I'd love to offer information on your state of charge between 100% of a normal charge and 100% of an extended charge, unfortunately the car/Entune just doesn't provide it, as miimura rightly pointed out. The best I can do when you're in that "uncharted territory" is to show you the Entune range (aka GOM). The app will account for whether you're in extended charge mode when calculating your time-to-charge, and it will also calculate your rate of charge, based on the GOM, if you do a status update while charging above 100% of normal.

Back