Supposed to be Can anyone tell what this is?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rav4EVoom

Found these outdoor "receptacle?" in front of Electric Vehicle designated parking spot in McDonald parking lot in Northridge. But not sure what this is and if it's ready to use. looks kind of like a receptacle housing to me but when I asked McDonald employee, they said that it's ready to be used, they just don't have the cable for it? I am not sure the McDonald employee knows what he's talking about, but I have no idea what I am looking at either.

Here's the picure for your kind reference.

I wonder what type of outlet(s) will be installed? 125V, 208V or 250V? Paid to use or free? Not possible to tell by your photos. Please let's us know and if McDonald's is planning to install them at only their company owned stores or everywhere (franchises)? If "all" McDonald's will eventually have them, that would be VERY benefiicial to all EVs driven by fast food lovers since they have a presence in most populated locations nationwide. This one will be installed where a portable EVSE cord should not cause a tripping hazard, so this particular McDonald's is "doing it right"!

jimbo69ny said:
It's just a case. No outlet has been wired yet. Maybe they plan on adding one but they haven't yet.

Thanks for confirming it's just a case. I thought so as I didn't really see how any EVSE might be able to plug in. Clearly McDonald employee has no idea it's not completely installed yet. They thought it's all done...I was hoping the receptacle would be installed as it's only a couple miles from me....

Dsinned said:
I wonder what type of outlet(s) will be installed? 125V, 208V or 250V? Paid to use or free? Not possible to tell by your photos. Please let's us know and if McDonald's is planning to install them at only their company owned stores or everywhere (franchises)? If "all" McDonald's will eventually have them, that would be VERY benefiicial to all EVs driven by fast food lovers since they have a presence in most populated locations nationwide. This one will be installed where a portable EVSE cord should not cause a tripping hazard, so this particular McDonald's is "doing it right"!

jimbo69ny just confirmed it's just a outlet "case" not yet installed. Since the McDonald employee told us he thought it was all ready for use, I assume he really have no idea about it. Hopefully I can find out more information after they install the receptacle(assume they actually complete the installation sometimes. From what I observed, there's three spaces with a receptacle case in front of each space. so if they do install the receptacles in these cases, it might allow three car to charge at this McDonald. The receptacle "case" also look like two receptacle can be installed in it, my wild guess would be one 110V and one 240V in each case? I'll provide further update when I find out more info.

These aren't free!

cDonald's
PlugScore

Ports
3 EV Plug (J1772)s
Stations
BlinkAvailable
EV Plug (J1772)
BlinkAvailable
EV Plug (J1772)
BlinkAvailable
EV Plug (J1772)
Address
10000 Crow Canyon, Danville, CA, 94506
Phone
(925) 736-8940
Cost
Blink Network fees $0.49/kWh for members. $0.59/kWh for guests

Hours
24/7
Photos

Last Check In
Leafy WT as of 5 months ago Show Comments

rickrides said:
These aren't free!

cDonald's
PlugScore

Ports
3 EV Plug (J1772)s
Stations
BlinkAvailable
EV Plug (J1772)
BlinkAvailable
EV Plug (J1772)
BlinkAvailable
EV Plug (J1772)
Address
10000 Crow Canyon, Danville, CA, 94506
Phone
(925) 736-8940
Cost
Blink Network fees $0.49/kWh for members. $0.59/kWh for guests

Hours
24/7
Photos

Last Check In
Leafy WT as of 5 months ago Show Comments
You are Probably right. May be these sockets enclosure are ready waiting for Blink or someone else to come put in their commercial L2 EVSEs. By the way, this McDonald's is located on Reseda near cross section of Reseda Blvd and Devonshire in Northridge CA.

Back