NPR/KCRW segment on FCHV and how it's "the future"

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonA

So I heard this tonight and was pretty pissed off! First, the author already seems to have an agenda against EV's by talking about how much greater range the FCHV's have compared to EV's (only 100) and that EV's have slow charging.

2nd, how hydrogen is the "bees knees" and so easy to work with and it's everywhere since water is everywhere :roll: .

3rd, "Without going too deep into the science and engineering" as he goes into none... maybe he should have written on how Shell and Nova produce most of the hydrogen with oil, electricity and from Alcoa in the AU manu process.

I don't want to keep ranting... but here's the article...
http://blogs.kcrw.com/whichwayla/2014/10/californias-hydrogen-dreams

And the audio bit they played on the radio...
https://soundcloud.com/kcrw/californias-hydrogen-dreams

I would suggest to link this and comment on that page...

this article does feels like a promotional piece and doesn't give much facts.

It would be much more useful if it provides more unbiased information.

Who's committed to making fuel cell vehicle and why they chose Fuel cell over EV?

Is it going to be cheaper/more value than an EV in mass production?

Who's committed to supply Hydrogen fuel? Also what resource does it take for these company to "produce the Hydrogen fuel"? is it eco friendly? What mileage do you get from Hydrogen fuel? How much does it cost to refuel Hydrogen Fuel? Can you set up economical refueling solution at home like you can do with EV?

Safety information of a leaked hydrogen in your garage or in a collision? Since Hydrogen is a colorless gas, it might be tough to tell when it' leaking???

The article seem to suggest Fuel cell vehicle is better than an EV? If should back up the claim with facts and also acknowledge any advantage EV may have over Fuel cell vehicle so it's reader can truly benefit from the information provided.

As a consumer, I love to learn more fact about Fuel cell vehicle, but I would not like to be led with biased incomplete information.

Back