Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Toyota Says No One Wants a Toyota Electric Car
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:49 am 

If you haven't already done so, contact Toyota directly and tell them you want a new EV from them.

From their website at: http://www.toyota.com/support/contact.html

------------------------------
Contact Us
Contact Toyota

Whether you’re a Toyota owner or just have a question about our products, Toyota is committed to providing a rewarding customer experience. Select the most convenient way to reach us, and we look forward to assisting you. Need help? Have a question? Get instant answers 24/7.

We’re here to help. Whether you have questions about your vehicle, our products, navigation, Entune™, ToyotaCare, warranty and more, your answers are just a click away. It’s available 24/7. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions today.

Phone Fax

Phone: 800-331-4331 Fax:310-468-7814

M-F 5:00 am - 6:00 pm PT
Sat 7:00 am - 4:00 pm PT

Email

Before you email us, please check out our FAQ section. Many of our visitors have found quick answers to their questions by searching our FAQs.
Email: http://www.toyota.com/support/#!/app/ask

Postal Mail
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
19001 South Western Ave.
Dept. WC11
Torrance, CA 90501

JESLA owner, JLONG owner, JDeMo alpha-tester

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:12 am 

If I lived in Southern California I'd take the lead in organizing a meetup at Toyota's HQ in Torrance with the goal of getting 100 RAV4 EV's to be there. I'd make sure the media knew that this was the largest collection of the BEST overall EV ever made by Toyota (or anyone else if you consider cost/performance/value).

One by one, we'd go to the front door and KNOCK on it, asking them to make a new/upgraded EV. Would be some nice press, and I think the media would show up. At the least, digital/social networks would pick it up...

Have a little "teach in" to educate the public (and media folks) about the RAV4 EV and why it's such a GREAT car.

I'm sure Toyota would be delighted with the free publicity......
:)

JESLA owner, JLONG owner, JDeMo alpha-tester

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:28 am 

Larry_in_Seattle wrote:
If I lived in Southern California I'd take the lead in organizing a meetup at Toyota's HQ in Torrance with the goal of getting 100 RAV4 EV's to be there. I'd make sure the media knew that this was the largest collection of the BEST overall EV ever made by Toyota (or anyone else if you consider cost/performance/value).

One by one, we'd go to the front door and KNOCK on it, asking them to make a new/upgraded EV. Would be some nice press, and I think the media would show up. At the least, digital/social networks would pick it up...

Have a little "teach in" to educate the public (and media folks) about the RAV4 EV and why it's such a GREAT car.

I'm sure Toyota would be delighted with the free publicity......
:)

I think that is a fantastic idea. Maybe Dianne can put together this gathering?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:18 pm 

Article at Inside EVs about Change.org petition on this subject.

http://insideevs.com/petitioning-toyota ... -vehicles/

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar | Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 Limestone Gray e-Golf LE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:22 pm 

Sign the petition to have Toyota build EVs here.
https://www.change.org/p/toyota-motor-c ... ctric-cars

miimura wrote:
Article at Inside EVs about Change.org petition on this subject.

http://insideevs.com/petitioning-toyota ... -vehicles/

Longest Rav 4 road trip: 925 miles over 2 days from Berkeley Ca to Anaheim CA and back. Made possible with the JdeMO aftermarket quick charge port by Tony Williams and team.

Post subject: Re: Toyota Says No One Wants Toyota Electric Car, SIGN PETIT
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:46 am 

email submitted to Toyota:

Knock Knock. Please build more battery powered electric vehicles. They should ALL have fast charge capability like a Leaf, 100 mile+ range, seat 4+ and have room for some cargo. The Rav4 EV is the best car I've ever owned (out of 14), and I would like to buy another. Too bad you don't make them anymore. I love my Prius too, but the next time I buy a new car it will be a BEV. EV charge stations are multiplying. With 150 mile range and fast charging I will probably never buy another gas car. Since Toyota doesn't listen to growing public demand they probably will not build any more BEVs. Therefore I will need to look elsewhere for my next car, my sons cars, my daughters cars, etc. The BEV fills 98% of my family's daily needs and charges free on the home solar system (covering the world more daily). I've only been to a gas station twice in the last 2 months for my Prius and GMC Yukon. If I ever pass a hydrogen station in the next 10 years, maybe I'll consider that an option, but why when my BEV is free to drive? Knock Knock Toyota, you did it 15 years ago with the Prius, do it now with a BEV! Oh well, there are lots of car makers out there. My last two new cars were Toyotas. My next four will probably be something else.

11/10 Response from Toyota:
Dear Mr. St. John,

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our battery electric powered vehicles and apologize that we have discontinued manufacturing of the RAV4 EV.

We make every effort to manufacture a quality product by researching, testing, and constantly monitoring performance. Consumer opinion and perception also play an active role in our ongoing efforts to lead the automobile industry in quality, innovation, styling, and reliability.

We appreciate your feedback. It is through communications such as yours that we become aware of the reactions and expectations of our customers and consumers and are able to review and improve our products.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Leslie H.
Toyota Customer Experience

8/12/14 RAV4 EV #3008, Blizzard Pearl
9kW Solar Electric System
SDGE TOU metering
OpenEVSE 40 amp

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

Last edited by dstjohn99 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:06 am 

Interesting article on California CARB and how it impacts the auto industry and the future development of EVS and FCVs

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/ne ... %3Fsrc=rss

Cheers

2014 Rav4 EV Blizzard Pearl #3192
Leviton EVB40

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:13 am 

james wrote:
Interesting article on California CARB and how it impacts the auto industry and the future development of EVS and FCVs

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/ne ... %3Fsrc=rss

Cheers

Interesting article. Thanks.

Incentive is fixed in favor of fuel cell vehicle. But still think ev is more consumer and environment friendly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:46 am 

Looking back I wish I had grabbed one of the originals in 2002 or 2003 and then 2014 would have been a transition to the newest version.

Hopefully it will not take 10 years for the next version to be built.

Post subject: Re: Toyota Says
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:10 am 

If Toyota wanted to build EV's they would stop collecting Leased Gen 1 Rav's to crush, which is happening now, in late 2015. (see Rav4 EV Mailing List, linked below)
Toyota doesn't want the public to know what a great and reliable vehicle these have been, and how little, and this is key, how little owners have had to spend in maintenance and repairs in their years of Rav4 EV ownership.
The dealerships and Toyota know they will lose massive amounts of service income on well-made EV's.
It's about profit.

EV's vs FCV's
You can produce electricity to power your EV on your own house; it's a bit harder to produce hydrogen, at your house, for your fuel cell vehicle, which means you'll need to buy that hydrogen where exactly....perhaps a filling station? run by whom? oh, flashback time, we've been here before.
It's about energy, and profit from controlling the energy supply.

So, it would seem it is in Toyota's interest to limit the supply of vehicles that need little maintenance, and it is in the interests of energy companies to limit our access to vehicles for which we can produce motive power ourselves.

Profit, energy and control; there it is.

Rav4 EV Mailing List
https://pairlist5.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/rav4-ev