Bakefield EV Owners Meetup April 30th 5:30 pm

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Bornstein

There will be a meetup of Bakersfield Area Electric Vehicle owners at the Beale Library on Thursday April 30th at 5:30pm.

Scott DuPont, the author of the book and movie "What is an Electric Car" will be there to show the trailer of his movie and lead a discussion. Anyone in the southern Valley (and anyone who wishes to make the drive) is welcome to attend. If there is enough interest, we can start a monthly or semi-monthly breakfast meeting similar to what is happening in Cerritos and Santa Ana.

Details: http://www.meetup.com/Electric-Vehicle-Owners-of-Bakersfield-Meetup/events/221065138/

The Beale Memorial Library is located at 701 Truxtun Avenue in beautiful downtown Bakersfield.

Just a reminder, the Bakersfield EV owners forum will be this Thursday at the Beale Library in downtown Bakersfield at 5:30 pm. We will be throwing in food and door prizes. I don't want to be the only RAV4 EV at the meeting.

BTW, Mercedes, BMW, and Nissan will have cars on display as well as Ford and others.

Here is a flyer:

http://files.meetup.com/18444411/Electric%20Vehicle%20Owners%20of%20Bakersfield%20and%20the%20Southern%20San%20Joaq.pdf

Michael Bornstein said:
Just a reminder, the Bakersfield EV owners forum will be this Thursday at the Beale Library in downtown Bakersfield at 5:30 pm. We will be throwing in food and door prizes. I don't want to be the only RAV4 EV at the meeting.

BTW, Mercedes, BMW, and Nissan will have cars on display as well as Ford and others.

Is there a quickcharger nearby ?

115 miles one way,
should be doable ;-)

fromport said:
Is there a quickcharger nearby ?

115 miles one way,
should be doable ;-)

The nearest (and only DCFC in Bakersfield) is at the local Nissan dealer who is just off CA-99 (check with Plugshare). The dealer has said that he would let any brand of car use his chargers. You are also welcome to use my 40A Leviton but the L3 at Nissan would be a lot faster. We would love to have you and Tony come to the meeting. :D

Michael Bornstein said:
The nearest (and only DCFC in Bakersfield) is at the local Nissan dealer who is just off CA-99 (check with Plugshare). The dealer has said that he would let any brand of car use his chargers. You are also welcome to use my 40A Leviton but the L3 at Nissan would be a lot faster. We would love to have you and Tony come to the meeting. :D

Toyota starts a drive train replacement tomorrow with my EV.
They claim is going to take 4-7 days so unless a miracle happens and they fix it in 1 day (it is doable according to Tony) I don't think I will be able to make it.

The first Bakersfield EV Owners Meetup was a huge success. Over two dozen people showed up at the Beale Library, and we had an interesting talk by Scott DuPont (author of "What is an Electric Car") with a followup panel discussion with a group of experienced EV owners.

Afterwards we met in the parking lot to view the cars on display.

What_Is_The_Electric_Car_Group_f9266026ac.jpg

At least a dozen cars shoed up including: Leafs, MiEV, three BMWi3s, a Ford, Rav 4, a Volt, two Hondas and a Tesla.

The next meeting will be a breakfast meeting at the Golden Corral, 5001 Ming Avenue on June 20th at 9:30 am. Everyone is welcome.

Back