Next Bakersfield EV Owners meeting June 20th

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Bornstein

The Next Bakersfield meeting is June 20th
Meeting will be at the Golden Corral, 5001 Ming Avenue at 9:30 am. Get your breakfast from the buffet and come and join us! :D

All EV owners and prospective owners are invited.
If you have a BEV, public chargers are available at the auto mall (check with PlugShare), or you can use the 40A Leviton at my house and I can drive you to the meeting.

If you plan on using a public charger, let us know so that we can pick you up and drive you to the meeting.

Just a reminder of our meeting next Saturday at the Golden Corral, 5001 Ming Avenue Bakersfield at 9:30am.
We will have many famous guests including Tony, GlennD and JasonA. All forum members are invited, especially those in the San Joaquin Valley and Northern LA county. There is a Nissan DCFC at the local dealer and multiple 14-50's at a local RV park. I have a Leviton 40A that can also be used if you send me a PM.

If there's any members (Leaf or other EV'ers) coming from the SanFran valley, Tom (Red Tesla), Dory (LeafyD) and Gary (Mr.Gid) will be first stopping by my place in the morning. 7am or so, and we'll be caravan'ing up there.

If someone else wants to tag along or charge at my house, I've got PLENTY of power ;)

Jason

P.S. That CHAdeMO near by.. someone wrote "This charger is broken every single time I come here. It's only worked once since November" but someone named "Danny" (our Danny here?) said it was just working... so don't know..

JasonA said:
If there's any members (Leaf or other EV'ers) coming from the SanFran valley, Tom (Red Tesla), Dory (LeafyD) and Gary (Mr.Gid) will be first stopping by my place in the morning. 7am or so, and we'll be caravan'ing up there.

If someone else wants to tag along or charge at my house, I've got PLENTY of power ;)

Jason

P.S. That CHAdeMO near by.. someone wrote "This charger is broken every single time I come here. It's only worked once since November" but someone named "Danny" (our Danny here?) said it was just working... so don't know..

Danny == fromport == me
I was there and it worked for 15 minutes until it gave an error.
Unfortunately you can't edit remarks on plugshare.
Had to revert to slow charging and find a hotel to charge up on L2 overnight :-(
People from the store said that next day someone who does maintenance on the unit would come by to "fix" it.
I think Tony even called the persons to give some advise regarding the Nissan Chademo charger.
I wouldn't count on that unit if ambient temperature is over 70F

Thanks! someone on PS said it was good after you but can never tell. Could have been a Leaf starting at 50% and only pulling 27kw :lol:

Thanks everyone for the great time! It was a great a great turn out for a new group! After we left the Corral, we decided to take a journey and head through the Tehachapi mountains and go to the Mohave supercharger. With Gray's skilled driving and Tom's expertise in energy efficiency we made it with plenty to spare.

It was just 115* outside but the Tesla kept cool the whole time. :cool:

Back