Why is this forum down so often?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This forum is down often. I do wonder why as well. I rely on this forum for updates on my JdeMO which sounds like it is coming in July!

Has anybody tried to contact the forum owners up in WA to find out what's going on? I've sent emails and got nothing. The other forums are down too. The Leaf forum yesterday was a joke and crawling dead slow.

Their excuse for doing the upgrade was hacking/malicious attacks? but that requires changes on the hosting provider side as well. Why only change 1 forum and not all? :roll:

Just wondering what's going on when we should be at an all time high with ownership/ gas prices, etc,etc.

Before this site goes down again, a few members have gotten together (this has been posted on the Leaf forum) and started this up..

http://electricvehicles.club/community/

It's new and pretty much want the same format, admins, mods, everyone to come over. Lion (MNL user) has already paid for 3 years of hosting and service!

And we can tailor it, change it to however we want.

JasonA said:
Before this site goes down again, a few members have gotten together ...
Man that's cold. This and the LEAF forum has been a big part of the EV experience and has done a LOT for the community. To break off over a few technical issues is kinda pathetic. Makes me question the motives of the people doing it.

Question the motives all you want, but there is only one reason people will change what site they go to--the site has a significant amount of down time and isn't reliable and another place will serve their needs better. I've lost count of the number of times this month I've tried to reach it and I couldn't, not to mention.

If we are lucky, it is now up 2 hours per day.
The least someone could do is restart NGINX once every hour till the real problem is found/fixed.
Simple cronjob would do the trick.

New server is up and running, we are testing the MyElectricCarForums.com domain on it for a day, then we start transferring forums over.... please be patient, another day or two and speeds will be back to normal.

admin said:
New server is up and running, we are testing the MyElectricCarForums.com domain on it for a day, then we start transferring forums over.... please be patient, another day or two and speeds will be back to normal.

Thanks for the notification.
It is not the speed but the (non) availability ...

Good to know change should take place soon.

Back