Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:35 am 

geo wrote:
Larry_in_Seattle wrote:
It still seems to be a 'death valley' for lack of chargers from Sacramento north to the Oregon border.

Are there plans to fill in the 295 mile gap along I-5? If so, when?

Looks like the Redding site just popped up in Plugshare. That bridges the gap to Oregon a bit.

1280 Dana Dr. Redding CA

https://api.plugshare.com/view/location/134821

Nice find. That cuts the longest CHAdeMO powered leg from San Francisco to Portland to 134 miles - Redding to Ashland. It will be nice when we can skip Chico too.

So it begins...

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:45 am 

The Kingvale Shell site is now open. EVgo and DriveTheARC. Two BTC chargers right off I-80.

Plugshare - Kingvale Shell

Only one more DriveTheARC site is "coming soon". Strawberry Station General Store is waiting for PG&E to install a new power pole in the highway right-of-way and it needs CalTrans approval. Typical bureaucratic delays.

2012 Shoreline Blue #1462 w/JdeMO | 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR | 4.32kW Motech/Enphase PV Solar + 2x Powerwall 2 AC| Leviton EVB40 40A & Jesla Home Charging | 2015 e-Golf LE (returned)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:13 am 

I'm still waiting for chargers on the Barstow -> Nevada segment along I-15 for trips to Vegas.

Any idea when the Baker chargers will be installed? EVGo was supposed to have broken ground there almost a year ago.

Blythe and Chiriaco would also be nice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:06 am 

miimura wrote:
geo wrote:
Larry_in_Seattle wrote:
It still seems to be a 'death valley' for lack of chargers from Sacramento north to the Oregon border.

Are there plans to fill in the 295 mile gap along I-5? If so, when?

Looks like the Redding site just popped up in Plugshare. That bridges the gap to Oregon a bit.

1280 Dana Dr. Redding CA

https://api.plugshare.com/view/location/134821

Nice find. That cuts the longest CHAdeMO powered leg from San Francisco to Portland to 134 miles - Redding to Ashland. It will be nice when we can skip Chico too.

So it begins...

Nice find indeed! Is that the first site from the 2015 CEC solicitations to become operational?

I contacted Recargo about the ones on Highway 101 (Gilroy to Buellton) a few weeks ago, and they told me that ground-breaking on the first sites was "imminent."

3.2 kW Solar PV system

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:01 am 

tgreene wrote:
Nice find indeed! Is that the first site from the 2015 CEC solicitations to become operational?

I contacted Recargo about the ones on Highway 101 (Gilroy to Buellton) a few weeks ago, and they told me that ground-breaking on the first sites was "imminent."

I believe this is the very first one from the North-South and Interregional Corridor grants. It's good to hear that Recargo is finally putting shovels to the ground. I'm much more likely to use those than the Redding site.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:24 am 

So freaking awesome about the Redding station. That cuts 4-5 hours off the trip to Oregon from San Francisco. One DC station seems like a lack of long term planning. There really needs to be 2-4 stations per site. Making some progress though so I'm excited.

Model 3 on order

Longest EV trip: 925 miles. Berkeley Ca to Anaheim CA and back. JdeMO quick charge port by Quickchargepower.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:43 pm 

tgreene wrote:

I contacted Recargo and again I just got the usual generic reply from a "Jordin". See below.

Recargo wrote:
Hi Steven,

We will make a public announcement once we are ready to release information on our Recargo Network.

Best,

Jordin

tgreene, who are you contacting at Recargo that is more forthcoming with info?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:25 am 

swogee wrote:
tgreene, who are you contacting at Recargo that is more forthcoming with info?

I just contacted them with a short note to their public email address, info@plugshare.com, on October 18. Jordin Williams wrote me back later that day with this reply:

"Hi Tom,

We are rapidly expanding and preparing to break ground on our initial Recargo Network charging location. We will definitely make an announcement when we can release further details.

Best Regards,

Jordin"

It appears that they sent us consistent messages.

3.2 kW Solar PV system

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:50 pm 

The Strawberry Station site on US-50 is now open. EVgo and DriveTheARC with two BTC chargers.

This completes the DriveTheARC network. As far as I can tell, all their planned sites are now open.

Plugshare - Strawberry Station General Store

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:36 am 

A new Localized Health Impacts Report was released by the CEC today that updated sites proposed by ChargePoint for their Inter-Regional Corridor sites. There were 16 site changes made. Most are not significant. However, some were moved a significant distance along the same corridor.

Localized Health Impacts Report Addendum 2, GFO-15-603

Significant moves:
Nipton -> Beacon Station (Baker address) which moves it from the Primm side of Baker to the Barstow/Yermo side of Baker. There is now a much longer stretch without chargers toward the Nevada state line on I-15.

Willits -> Ukiah, which is better because there was a redundant station by Recargo in Willits and the spacing is better.

Two sites in Mojave were consolidated to one site.

Dutch Flat -> Soda Springs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next