Toyota Rav4 EV Forum
http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/

New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed
http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1839
Page 20 of 20

Author:  geo [ Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed

Chargepoint's Baker site is now under construction. EVgo already has 6 chargers about a block away, this will make a total of 10. Vegas should be pretty easy after this one and Yermo go live.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/184723

Author:  miimura [ Wed May 15, 2019 7:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed

A couple new corridor charging sites are available now.

One new corridor is the northern route to Yosemite on Highway 120. There is a site in Oakdale and at Rush Creek Lodge. Those two sites make Tuolumne Meadows reachable from the Bay Area with fast chargers.

Plugshare - Oakdale Public Parking
Plugshare - Rush Creek Lodge
Also in that area there are two coming soon in Groveland and Oakhurst. All of these are ChargePoint CEC grant sites from the Interregional Corridors grant.

One new site on I-5:
Plugshare - Walmart Patterson (EA)

Author:  swogee [ Wed May 15, 2019 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed

It looks like there's a new Chargepoint site in Oakhurst as well that is just about to come online as well.

Plugshare - Vons Shopping Center

This location would help anyone going to Yosemite from the south via the southern entrance on SR41.

There's still nothing on SR41 between Fresno and SLO though so that makes driving the RAV4 from SLO to Yosemite challenging.

Author:  miimura [ Wed May 15, 2019 7:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed

swogee wrote:
It looks like there's a new Chargepoint site in Oakhurst as well that is just about to come online as well.

Plugshare - Vons Shopping Center

This location would help anyone going to Yosemite from the south via the southern entrance on SR41.

There's still nothing on SR41 between Fresno and SLO though so that makes driving the RAV4 from SLO to Yosemite challenging.

Yes, one or more of the future sites in Shandon (CalTrans), Kettleman City (CalTrans), and Lemoore (ChargePoint) would be necessary for an easy trip from SLO to the Yosemite area.

Author:  geo [ Fri May 17, 2019 5:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed

Looks like Electrify America has started work on two sites along 395 up to Mammoth - Bishop and Coso Junction. I love what EA is doing.

There's also a few key sites on Plugshare that have been mostly complete for months but still not open. Wheeler Ridge on I-5 at the base of the Grapevine and Yermo on I-15 come to mind. I suspect they're waiting for the power company to hook it all up. Frustrating.

Author:  miimura [ Sat May 18, 2019 3:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed

geo wrote:
Looks like Electrify America has started work on two sites along 395 up to Mammoth - Bishop and Coso Junction. I love what EA is doing.

There's also a few key sites on Plugshare that have been mostly complete for months but still not open. Wheeler Ridge on I-5 at the base of the Grapevine and Yermo on I-15 come to mind. I suspect they're waiting for the power company to hook it all up. Frustrating.

It also looks like Electrify America has a chance to be the first to close the gap between Salinas and San Luis Obispo 101 too. They have a "coming soon" site in Greenfield. However, those Plugshare entries most likely come from EA's online map, not from actual evidence of construction. However, you never know, Envision Solar could drop their solar+battery+DCFC systems at the Camp Roberts rest stops at any time. I really have to wonder what is taking Recargo so long to get their sites going on the 101 corridor.

Author:  geo [ Mon May 20, 2019 10:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New California Corridor Fast Chargers Installed

miimura wrote:
geo wrote:
Looks like Electrify America has started work on two sites along 395 up to Mammoth - Bishop and Coso Junction. I love what EA is doing.

There's also a few key sites on Plugshare that have been mostly complete for months but still not open. Wheeler Ridge on I-5 at the base of the Grapevine and Yermo on I-15 come to mind. I suspect they're waiting for the power company to hook it all up. Frustrating.

It also looks like Electrify America has a chance to be the first to close the gap between Salinas and San Luis Obispo 101 too. They have a "coming soon" site in Greenfield. However, those Plugshare entries most likely come from EA's online map, not from actual evidence of construction. However, you never know, Envision Solar could drop their solar+battery+DCFC systems at the Camp Roberts rest stops at any time. I really have to wonder what is taking Recargo so long to get their sites going on the 101 corridor.


I just drove up to Mammoth. Checked out the Bishop and Coso Junction Electrify America sites. Coso Junction is nearly complete with 4 stalls. Bishop is also underway, looks like at least 4 stalls there as well. I posted pics to Plugshare.

https://www.plugshare.com/location/190894
https://www.plugshare.com/location/186193

Page 20 of 20 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/