Factory extended warranty vs JdeMO fast charging mod

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunmiles

Thought I'd start a new post on this topic as so many RAV4EVs are coming off of lease, I bet others are thinking about this.

I'm considering purchasing my Blizzard at the end of the lease, Sept 3 2016, and am getting quotes for the factory extended warranty.

I'm also considering buying the JdeMO fast charging mod.

It seems like the two are mutually exclusive; it makes no sense to buy the extended warranty if I subsequently get JdeMO because the mod will certainly void the warranty.

Am I seeing this the right way?

Many thanks.

No. The Toyota Extended Warranty covers the whole car. The JdeMO is only one small part. It is illegal to make a blanket warranty cancellation or denial because of one modification. I have both and the only thing that maybe requires some consideration is if you think the traction battery itself has failed. In that case, I believe Tony recommends removing the JdeMO before taking the car in. The traction battery is exempted from the Extended Warranty because it already has a 8/100k warranty.

Back