Northern California PG&E $500 for YOU !!!!

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony,

Thanks for the tip. I just applied for my rebate, was a pretty easy process, I'll share the results once I hear from PG&E. On a side note my Rav4 lease was up a couple of months ago, I really liked the car and thought about a purchase. My wife was concerned about the reliability issues, 3 gateways and 1 onboard charger, we decide on a Model s 60 lease since Tesla had some favorable rates at that time.

I really appreciate all your contributions to this forum, it made my Rav4 EV experience all that much better. Thanks.

Mark

Update : got my check delivered on 1/21/17 thanks again Tony!

Thank you indeed Tony!

It will be interesting to see if they will issue multiple rebates for the same PG&E account for people who have 2 or more EVs. I didn't see anything in the terms & conditions that forbade that.

It looks like you can apply separately for each of your EV's

The Clean Fuel Rebate is currently $500.00 per eligible vehicle.

Also, this is for all PG&E customers, not just those in Northern California.

What I don't understand is:

The State of California knows that I own EV's - my car is registered here

PG&E knows I own EV's - I have an EV-A account

Why did I have to hear this from Tony and not get a notice with my last bill?

(or maybe I did ,,, I usually throw all the excess wasted notices away and just keep the bill)

PG&E may notify people with EV rate plans about the rebate, but I'm sure that they will take their sweet time if that happens.

Good news for early bird rebaters - I got confirmation from PG&E that they approved both rebates that I applied for - 1 for each of my EVs. The email notices came today, about 30 hours after I submitted the applications.

TonyWilliams said:
co2112 said:
Does anyone have a good status lookup link? My email has a broken link.

The link in the first post doesn't work? It just worked for me.

No I have already applied the email I was sent didn't have a working status update link. It says for update click here and the link doesn't work.

They don't have a status link on the FAQ or Application page. FAQ says to click link in email but it doesn't work.

co2112 said:
TonyWilliams said:
co2112 said:
Does anyone have a good status lookup link? My email has a broken link.
The link in the first post doesn't work? It just worked for me.
No I have already applied the email I was sent didn't have a working status update link. It says for update click here and the link doesn't work.

They don't have a status link on the FAQ or Application page. FAQ says to click link in email but it doesn't work.

My link didn't work either.

Incredulocious said:

Hey' it's PG&E. Be thankful that your computer didn't blow up when you clicked on it ( :evil: some apologies for poor taste).

j.emerson said:
Does anyone know if SCE offers the same rebate? I checked their website and could not find it.
I don't think they've implemented it yet. This public document says they expect between 45,000 and 90,000 customers to participate and they expect the amount to be between $250 and $400. However, some of the data like how many credits they have earned are redacted.

https://www.sce.com/NR/sc3/tm2/pdf/3482-E.pdf

tgreene said:
Incredulocious said:

Hey' it's PG&E. Be thankful that your computer didn't blow up when you clicked on it ( :evil: some apologies for poor taste).
I don't know, I seem to have power everyday. And I just got the email today saying my rebate was approved. Check is in the mail.

Thank you for the link! I guess I will just have to wait and see. I am sure there are many other RAv 4 EV owners in the SCE district that would want to know as well.

I got this:
https://energyinsight.secure.force.com/cleanfuelrebateapplication is down for maintenance

Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll be back shortly. Please email us if you need to get in touch.

Back