8 Stall ChargePoint CHAdeMO + CCS site online in Mt. View

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miimura

There is now a 8 stall DCFC site online in Mountain View, California. The site uses the ChargePoint Express 200 DCFC units that can output 125 amps to either its CHAdeMO connector or its CCS connector. This is the largest industry standard (ie. non-SuperCharger) fast charge site I know of in the United States.

PlugShare - NASA Ames - Visitor Parking Lot

202750.jpg

202729.jpg

This is right in front of Moffett Field / NASA Ames where I work. Installation was complete in April, but it took PG&Email awhile to hook them up. We figure that they were installed for all the Googlers who will be driving by when their new buildings / campus opens. Very close to 101 too - Moffett exit.

How much did it cost to charge? A co-worker told me that the signage indicates $0.25 per minute plus $0.25 per kWh which seems pretty pricey to me - moreso than non-member EVgo pricing.

tgreene said:
This is right in front of Moffett Field / NASA Ames where I work. Installation was complete in April, but it took PG&Email awhile to hook them up. We figure that they were installed for all the Googlers who will be driving by when their new buildings / campus opens. Very close to 101 too - Moffett exit.

How much did it cost to charge? A co-worker told me that the signage indicates $0.25 per minute plus $0.25 per kWh which seems pretty pricey to me - moreso than non-member EVgo pricing.
I also noticed the original double charge per minute and per kWh listed in the ChargePoint app before the fencing was removed. By the time I charged, it had been changed to $0.25/minute only. I charged for just under 10 minutes to test it. Actual dollars and kWh reported by the ChargePoint app charging history was $2.44 for 6.65kWh. That's just under $0.37/kWh. The 4-stall site at Park Place, San Mateo charges $0.25/kWh for comparison.

This installation appears to have been partially funded with a grant from the BAAQMD.

Back