Consumer Reports says Toyota Rav4 EV delivers more range...

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marta

Consumer Reports has released their findings on the new 2013 Toyota Rav4 EV. "In our experience, the Toyota RAV4 EV has proven to be smooth-running and powerful, with an impressive range."

CR says that the Rav4 EV isn't a hurried conversion like other EVs and isn't a runabout on a 'short leash'. They said they found the claimed range of 100 miles to be quite realistic, and potentially even longer based on their experience.

Over the course of their testing, the Toyota Rav4 EV was taken on highways with its lights, air conditioning, and miscellaneous accessories on and it lasted 99 miles.

One interesting comment they made is that the torque numbers with the Rav4 EV in sport mode are comparable to a Nissan 370Z!!?

toyotas-electric-rav4-has-best-us-debut-of-any-ev-sells-61-units-in-september-50257-7.jpg

marta said:
Consumer Reports has released their findings on the new 2013 Toyota Rav4 EV. "In our experience, the Toyota RAV4 EV has proven to be smooth-running and powerful, with an impressive range." . . . One interesting comment they made is that the torque numbers with the Rav4 EV in sport mode are comparable to a Nissan 370Z!!?

Anybody who has driven the RAV4 EV in "sport" mode can attest to that!!!

This car picture looks awesome. I didn't drive RAV4 EV in "sport" mode . My uncle has bought Toyota rav4 . It's interior and exterior looks good. I have Toyota Prado . I also have it's repair manual . I didn't face any problem still now. We are fan of Toyota .

I hope this question hasn't been already asked and answered (I haven't seen it), but can you set your Rav to always default to sport mode, or do you have to select it each time? In the Volt, you cannot default to sport mode ... and I was hoping you could select it as the default setting in the Rav if so wished.

Each time you start up the car you need to press the sport mode button. I don't know but the dealership maybe able to change this.

Bill

BestDay said:
Each time you start up the car you need to press the sport mode button. I don't know but the dealership maybe able to change this.

Bill

Thanks Bill. It's not really that big of deal, but it would be nice if an option. I don't yet have my Rav (obviously), so I may not even care to always switch it, as it sounds like the Rav has plenty of torque even in normal mode. But it would be a nice option to change the default if that was preferred. Seems like a simple software update.

Back