Insurance/plates/reg

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem with insurance (State Farm). A small bit of trouble with tags, but just a matter of getting all the paperwork. Arizona cuts EV's a break on taxes when you register the car, so since the RAV EV isn't on the books here I will literally need to take it for an emissions inspection, which I think is awesome. I plan to video it if they will let me.

My first issue was that without a title, the Dept of Lic wouldn't give me a temporary tag and it took about 3 weeks for Toyota finance to send me the paperwork. I talked the DoL into a temp that expired only a couple of days before the paperwork arrived.
I had to go to the Dept of Licensing 3 times before they could figure out how to do it but in the end it wasn't a real big deal. The lady did thank me for giving her an interesting problem after spending 45 min working around all the computer issues because the Rav4EV wasn't listed.
I recommend calling the state dept of licensing before you start so you can have all the ducks lined up.
Ins was no issue.

SeattleRav4 said:
My first issue was that without a title, the Dept of Lic wouldn't give me a temporary tag and it took about 3 weeks for Toyota finance to send me the paperwork. I talked the DoL into a temp that expired only a couple of days before the paperwork arrived.
I had to go to the Dept of Licensing 3 times before they could figure out how to do it but in the end it wasn't a real big deal. The lady did thank me for giving her an interesting problem after spending 45 min working around all the computer issues because the Rav4EV wasn't listed.
I recommend calling the state dept of licensing before you start so you can have all the ducks lined up.
Ins was no issue.

Very good info SeattleRav 4, thanks.
I will be dealing with our Wa. state dept of licensing very soon if all goes according to plan.

Go to the DoL website and follow the trail. You will need to call them, then send them you purchase agreement. They will send you a form that you take to the local DoL.

Dsinned said:
An OOS emission control inspection? That sounds like something we Californians should expect as well! :mrgreen: :lol:

If your dealer didn't correctly put the "motive power" as "E" for electric when they registered it, you just might get a smog notice. It happens regularly with sloppy dealers just putting in the same data that they are used to over and over.

Back