Hypermiling "bragging rights"

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsinned

What are other forum members "averaging" on their range estimator? According to ECO Dashboard, I'm averaging 2.9mi/kWh (reported under "Summary" with a current "Ranking" of 15th) . . . not bad. The highest I've seen so far (today) was 3.4mi/kWh.

Other RAV4 EVs' viewable in ECO Dashboard, i.e. those in the top 10, are averaging from 3.1 to as high as 3.6mi/kWh.

At an average of 3.6mi/kWH, an extended charge would be equivalent to an estimated range of 150 miles! OUTSTANDING!!!

Anybody got any hypermiling tips to get that much range???

My eco dashboard in the entune app is showing 2.6 mi/kWh, ranking 31st. My best score was from last week where I had 3.0 for the day. That said, I feel so free from not burning dinosaurs when driving that I find myself not worrying as much about "fuel" efficiency like I did when driving my Prius.

I'm showing I'm number 1. I normally drive on roads that are 45mph or less but that last few days I've been on the freeway. No freeway normally gives me 3.8-4.2 and freeway gives me 3-3.5

I'm averaging about 2.7-2.9 daily. In the LEAF with slightly less spirited driving (due to less "spirit"), I was averaging 3.9.

But, when needed, I have driving the LEAF over 100 miles a few times (a real pain in the posterior to do). On my first day with a rental Rav4, I drove 130.1 miles. I expect the Rav4 could be carefully driven 150 quite easily, and 200 miles is probably doable for somebody crazy enough to try it. We have one guy who drove his LEAF 151 miles, but that was at 15 mph.... 10 hours !!!

HD172, you're doing great! Today after several short trips, hypermiling all the while, I'm up to 3.0mi/kWh, from 2.9 yesterday, with one trip peaking at "3.6" at some point during the day.

I just love playing these kinda electric range mileage games with my EVs. It really truly makes driving FUN again! :mrgreen:

I found that my braking and acceleration was costing me on the Eco score so I have adjusted my behavior accordingly. I was at 4.2 when I got to work. It will probably drop since home is back up hill.

We're averaging 3.3 for July and August. I think my title on there is RAV4EVWebsterNY.

My wife does the majority of the driving on there. I usually get better miles/kw as she has a lead foot. Based on what we've seen accelerating slowly and keeping speeds below 65 are key. My best single trip is a 4 mile drive to church at 5.0. I can replicate that pretty easy. Steady speeds maxing out at about 40-45 mph.

Mike

I keep scrolling thru the names to see if I recognize anyone.
A few I definitely recognize by the names you've chosen. Generic names still from day 1, nah, I cannot tell.
I saw you, Webster NY! Fine job! Wondered who #1 was. I'm embarrassed to say who I am! :roll:
Clue: It's blue. As in BLEW. :mrgreen:

mhkp said:
I understand the EV efficiency on the Entune ECO board, but what is the ECO Driving Score? How is this calculated?

I've not been able to find any info on this online....does anybody know what makes the ECO driving score high? Its not linear to my EV efficiency.

I look at Entune occasionally and my handle is Toy Tesla which goes with my license plate of "TOY TSLA" but I can't claim any bragging rights. Apparently there is another "toytesla" who made it to the top ten. A friend texted me to congratulate me for making it to the top ten. Alas, but for a capital letter or two and a space. It could have been me. LOL

Hi Ampster,

Entune TOYTESLA would be me. I can't claim any bragging rights on the real license plate though. I did manage to drive 120 miles to San Diego Sheraton from the South Bay on a standard charge this weekend at 3.8 kW/Hr and had 13 miles to spare so that helped raise thr score a bit. My previous drive required an extended charge due to range anxiety but now I know our EV can easily handle the trip!

Tony, new Entune update seems to show top 100 now. Used to just show 20.
See your Ruv my Rav there.

Mhkp, it seems the ECO Score measures your efficiency and scores you every time drive a distance and then arrive a full stop. You get the highest rating by minimizing your power during acceleration and maximizing your charging during deceleration. That is a bit simplistic and I find if I accelerate slowly to minimize power usage BUT do so continuously to pick up speed, I can maximize my acceleration and speed score. Then brake lightly for as long distance as possible to a complete stop to maximize your braking score. Drive so that the green ECO light is always on during acceleration. You should get 90-100 easily.

Khaihon said:
Tony, new Entune update seems to show top 100 now. Used to just show 20. See your Ruv my Rav there.

Heck, I was the top dog in June? That was driving from San Diego to Canada and back. Numerous 150 mile legs on that trip at 4 miles per kWh or better.

image-2.jpg

Khaihon said:
Drive so that the green ECO light is always on during acceleration.
Anybody know if there's an intentional reason that the ECO light never comes on while in the B (braking/higher regen) drive mode? At least, mine doesn't. I'm assuming it's absence in B mode is just a programming oversight and that acceleration (not regen) in B mode is the same as in D mode – it feels the same.

It's actually a little distracting when it does go on/off on in D mode — makes me glance at it, as if it were a warning light.

Incredulocious said:
Khaihon said:
Drive so that the green ECO light is always on during acceleration.
Anybody know if there's an intentional reason that the ECO light never comes on while in the B (braking/higher regen) drive mode? At least, mine doesn't. I'm assuming it's absence in B mode is just a programming oversight and that acceleration (not regen) in B mode is the same as in D mode – it feels the same.

It's actually a little distracting when it does go on/off on in D mode — makes me glance at it, as if it were a warning light.

You can turn off the eco light (all the time). The instructions are in your owners manual.

This rav 4 Ev is amazing. This morning April 24 2014 the GOM says I will get 157. Two days ago it said 144 and I actually drove it 165. It is the gift that keeps on giving. I do not know why they are not all sold out months ahead.

Joyride said:
My eco dashboard in the entune app is showing 2.6 mi/kWh, ranking 31st. My best score was from last week where I had 3.0 for the day. That said, I feel so free from not burning dinosaurs when driving that I find myself not worrying as much about "fuel" efficiency like I did when driving my Prius.

I don't think the dinosaurs care. I wouldn't mind being fuel for a gas guzzling 2111 Maserati.

Back