Map of Rav4 EV Owners

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joyride

Stealing/borrowing an idea from another forum I hang out on, I've set up a wiki-map on which you can add your own entries. I'll approve them as they come in.

Here's how to add an entry for yourself (and your Rav4 EV):
1. Point your browser to: http://www.zeemaps.com/Rav4EVOwners
2. To add a marker, use the Additions/Add Marker - Simple drop-down.
3. Enter in your forum name, your car's color, and your location
4. Submit your entry
5. Wait (semi-patiently) for me to approve your submission

Please note that your entries will not automatically show up. The map vendor requires each to be approved and I try and get into do approvals about once a day. Multiple submissions just create more work as I've got to remove the duplicates.

If you want to just enter your city, feel free. I turned on the setting to hide street addresses for those of us who are semi-security conscious.

I'm curious to see where all of you, and your cars, are. Any out of staters?

-Chris

Okay, I'll bite. However, I entered the address of my local Toyota dealer which is only a few miles from where I live and work. And the reason I did that is because they have a "public" Leviton EVSE L2 charging station there, so if you're ever in the area, you'll know a place where you can get a "courtesy" charge. Btw, as you all know, free public chargers are definitely hard to find! :mrgreen:

Dsinned said:
.............. Btw, as you all know, free public chargers are definitely hard to find! :mrgreen:

My little beach city of Hermosa Beach has four free public chargers. I used them extensively before I had my EV Link connected. they are still a convenient place to park when having a cup of coffee or a drink and the parking is free.

I would be up for a meet up.
I tried to enter my data on the map and can't tell if it updated.

I've just approved all of the submitted entries. I think my spam blocker may be blocking the approval request emails.

Ampster said:
I would be up for a meet up.
I tried to enter my data on the map and can't tell if it updated.

Apparently all three of my attempts were successful since I am shown three times in Hermosa Beach. You can delete two of them. The most accurate one is near Pacific Coast Highway at 5th St.

My entry from a couple days ago is still not registering. Should I reenter it again? It's lonely up here in Northern CA . . . am I the only RAV4 EV owner? :shock:

Joyride said:
Looks like we have a Colorado owner, named Reeler.

I bought mine on Thursday. It should be out in Colorado in mid-month. Colorado has a $6K rebate and 4% sales tax so I will save a few bucks.

reeler said:
Joyride said:
Looks like we have a Colorado owner, named Reeler.
I bought mine on Thursday. It should be out in Colorado in mid-month. Colorado has a $6K rebate and 4% sales tax so I will save a few bucks.

NICE!!! :mrgreen:

Please post pics of your "BLUE" RAV4 EV, which I have yet to see in CA. TIA.

Sorry, I made a mistake during the registration process and set my location incorrectly. Please move my "pin" currently from close to Fresno to Milpitas. TIA.

Dsinned said:
Sorry, I made a mistake during the registration process and set my location incorrectly. Please move my "pin" currently from close to Fresno to Milpitas. TIA.
Done

Looks like we've got 16 people registered on the map now, with the furthest away being Seattle & Denver. Keep 'em coming.

-Chris

Joyride said:
I've just approved all of the submitted entries. I think my spam blocker may be blocking the approval request emails.

Good morning. Not sure if my request was blocked or not, but I requested my location be added last week. Thanks for putting this map together:)

Thanks for posting. I've approved the pending submissions. I don't get email notifications from the map software and don't always get in there to check. If anyone wants to help me admin the map, I'd be happy to provide the instructions and the password to a few folks.

Back