SoCal EV Meet Up Saturday, June 27, 8am - 11am, Santa Ana

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

SoCal EV Meet Ups in Orange County, San Diego County, Riverside and Los Angeles County:

All meet-ups on Saturday:

--

June 27, 2015 - Santa Ana (Orange County), 8am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 1008 E 17th St, Santa Ana, 714-541-3020

July 11, 2015 - Cerritos (Orange County), 8am to 11am, Hometown Buffet, 11471 South St, Cerritos, 562-402-8307

future - Bellflower (Los Angeles County), 8am to 11am, Golden Corral, 17308 Bellflower Blvd, Bellflower, 562-925-5557 http://www.goldencorral.com/locator/locator.php?zip=Bellflower#

future - Bakersfield (Kern County), 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, Golden Corral, 5001 Ming Avenue, Bakersfield

future - Poway (San Diego County), 9:30am - 11:30am - Hamburger Factory Restaurant, 14122 Midland Road, Poway (858) 486-4575. We have a private room reserved in the back. Just ask your hostess to direct you. Please park in the lot to the NORTH of Aubrey Street. This is a change from previous meets.

future - Northridge (Los Angeles County), 12 noon to 2pm, Bob's Big Boy, 8876 Corbin Ave, Northridge (818) 772-2627 NOTE: may not be active. Third Saturday monthly - Northridge (Los Angeles County) 12pm - 3pm - Bob’s Big Boy in Northridge, 8876 Corbin Ave., Northridge, (818) 772-2627. Southeast corner of Northridge Way and Corbin Ave. NOTE: may not be active

I'm in and the day and place works, just not the time. Can we do it a little earlier? 12:00 or 3:00

TonyWilliams said:
You need an app for iPhone or Android, "WattStation Connect" to operate these charging stations, and then you need to link it to your PayPal account.

I think they are $2/hr.

I think I can be there. I can't find the Android App and definitely will need to charge because I am 70 miles away. I have Blink and Chargepoint cards.

Ampster said:
TonyWilliams said:
You need an app for iPhone or Android, "WattStation Connect" to operate these charging stations, and then you need to link it to your PayPal account.

I think they are $2/hr.

I think I can be there. I can't find the Android App and definitely will need to charge because I am 70 miles away. I have Blink and Chargepoint cards.

Those two cards won't work. I see on this site:

https://www.gewattstation.com/connect/

It says "coming soon" for Android. So, we'll have to have somebody with an iPhone hook you up.

Or try calling 1-855-443-3873 to see if there's another way. Or email: [email protected]

Tony, you are everywhere. This seams like a much better forum to post in than mynissanleaf.com. I'm bummed I won't be able to make it this weekend. It would have been a good time to see other EV's. You guys have fun.

Bill

P.S. It looks like I need a GE Wattstation account also. I thought Blink and Chargepoint was going to be enough but I guess I was wrong.

The Irvine Spectrum is on my way to work, so I stopped by today to check out the charging options and see if there was more information I could get for those coming from farther away. Ironically, I ran into my 2nd Rav4 EV in two days charging at this location.

I was able to download the app to my iPhone (sorry, I don't have any android info) without issue. Once installed, I needed to link it to my paypal account in order to set up payment. That all seemed to go off without a hitch. So, it appears that you don't need the special card if you got an iPhone or a friend with an iPhone. For Tony and any others that need charging on Saturday, I don't mind letting you use my account if you don't have other options.

First things first, here's a photo of the sign posted by the chargers:
i-zCH6kxq-X3.jpg

And here's the photo of my car's other sibling:
i-cBW3pLg-L.jpg

(mine's the one with the license plates)

-Chris

I plan to attend the meetup on Sat, hopefully with my new RAV4 EV. I almost signed the papers today for a blue one but couldn't get the dealer to do anything on swapping out the stock Yokohama tires for Michelins, except charge me dealer prices for the new tires and no credit for the stock tires (except suggest that I sell them on ebay). Any suggestions?

I don't have a lot of experience with different tires, why would the Michelins be preferred from the stock tires?

Curious why you're interested in changing out the stock tires for Michelins. I don't have a lot of experience with different tires and am interested in your perspective.

Damchi said:
Change the Yokohama tires? Why they are great tires.

Those are noisy "all season" tires, and rough riding. There is no comparison to the Michelin MXM4 Primacy tires that I had on the Nissan LEAF (215-45-17 with 17x7 wheels). The MXV4 are the official "low rolling resistant tires.

I would just eBay the stock wheels as "take offs". They are an upgrade from the stock Rav4 (I think they are the "Limited" wheels/tires). Don't sell those TPMS sensors with it, unless you factor in the cost from new sensors (up to $100 a pop).

I'm probably going to change my tires situation soon, too.

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/category/luxury-performance-touring/primacy-mxm4/tire-details

Michelin Performance Rating:

9 - Wear Life
10 -Fuel Efficiency
10 -Handling
10 -Braking
9 - Comfort

Back