Your Home Charging Station

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

Toyota's approved electric vehicle equipment provider, Leviton, offers multiple options for charging your RAV4 EV. For the shortest charge time, Leviton offers a custom Level-2 (240-volt), 40A, 9.6-kW output charging station that can have you up and running in as little as five to six hours.

That is true, but Leviton also offers a "L2" 240V, 32A, 7.7kW charger. That is what I opted for because I do not have enough spare electric capacity to charge any faster. However, charging at 32A vs. 40A (as recommended by Toyota) only slows the charging rate about 20%, not that much such that my RAV4 will be fully charged in about 7 hours. This is just fast enough to schedule a recharge between midnight and 7am when PG&E rates are lowest.

Dsinned said:
That is true, but Leviton also offers a "L2" 240V, 32A, 7.7kW charger. That is what I opted for because I do not have enough spare electric capacity to charge any faster. However, charging at 32A vs. 40A (as recommended by Toyota) only slows the charging rate about 20%, not that much such that my RAV4 will be fully charged in about 7 hours. This is just fast enough to schedule a recharge between midnight and 7am when PG&E rates are lowest.

Our "super off peak EV" time in San Diego Gas & Electric territory is 12 midnight to 5 am... 7.7 cents !

I need 40 amps.

Back