How to abort NAV from last route destination?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsinned

While you are driving, how do you turn off (terminate) the NAV system from providing route updates on the map as well as audio directions when you intentionally deviate from that route and/or destination and what to abort? I have yet to figure out how to abort a NAV assisted route still in-progress, then decide to deviate from the route, for whatever reason, and not to continue to that destination. The NAV just keep giving re-routing directions, over and over, without realizing the driver has no intention of continuing to go that last "expected" destination. Must be an easy way to abort, but it sure ain't obvious. :?

I had a similar question a while back and ended having to do research in the manual to find it, the nav UI seems intentionally counterintuitive and distracting from the main purpose.

Anyway, there's a "ROUTE" button in the center of the screen, and if you push that, you'll get a pop-up that lets you cancel the current destination. It's 3-4 clicks altogether.

I tried unsuccessfully to think of a voice command to cancel navigation, but haven't found one yet.

For now, my Garmin is probably going to be my main nav device as it is SO much easier to use and doesn't limit me to using it when the car is still.

-Chris

Joyride said:
. . . there's a "ROUTE" button in the center of the screen, and if you push that, you'll get a pop-up that lets you cancel the current destination. It's 3-4 clicks altogether. . . . I tried unsuccessfully to think of a voice command to cancel navigation, but haven't found one yet.

-Chris

It should be a LOT easier (and safer) to cancel a route in-progress, by either touching a single buttom on the screen, or with a voice command like, "Navigator, CANCEL ROUTE!"

Back