Siblings

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joyride

I decided to go down to Bella Terra in Huntington Beach this afternoon to catch the latest Bond flick and was surprised to see a sibling to my Blizzard White parked in the EV Charging station. I haven't seen another Rav4 EV in the wild yet, so it was pretty cool to just find one.

I didn't do a VIN check to see who was older. :)

i-3trvccX-L.jpg

That is really cool. I have yet to one running around. This Saturday will most likely be my first.

Blue RAV4 EVs seem particular scarce . . . I have yet to see another in any color aside from my own and those waiting for new homes still sitting on dealer's lot.

Btw, was that dual charging station installation made by ChargePoint? How much and what type of charge were you getting there? It appears to be in a public parking garage. Was it free after movie theater ticket validation? I know of a place that does that, where the parking garage is underneath a movie theater in a downtown area. The parking fee is free upon validation of paid admission to the theater, and I think use of the charging station is included as part of the "regular" parking fee. I think this is the most ideal courtesy charging opportunity, because the average movie is about two hours, and since I go to the movie quite often, I can think of no better way to kill two birds with one stone. I only wish the movie theater with a courtesy charging station available in the parking garage, was not so far away from where I live.

That's my RAV4. I was pretty shocked to see another RAV4 next to mine when I walked out. It looks like I missed you by 7 minutes, according to the charger. I was looking at your leather interior, very nice.

Bill

Dsinned said:
Btw, was that dual charging station installation made by ChargePoint?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. There is absolutely no charge for using this station either.

If you're in the North OC area, there are also three free Chargepoint chargers in the South Coast Plaza parking structure near the Sears store, just past the valet station on the main level. There are two other free Chargepoint chargers across the street underneath the annex mall that us locals still refer to as "Crystal Court". The second charger at the Crystal Court is an old-style that I think fits the Tesla Roadster, but I'm not entirely sure as I've not seen a Roadster charger first-hand. The Chargepoint app has the reviews and the technical info if you're interested.

BestDay said:
That's my RAV4. I was pretty shocked to see another RAV4 next to mine when I walked out. It looks like I missed you by 7 minutes, according to the charger. I was looking at your leather interior, very nice.

Sweet! I was hoping that it was another forum member. Have you logged your info on the map?

I stopped by the site of Saturday's meetup today to check out the chargers there and ran into another "sibling" sitting on the chargers. I posted a pic in the meetup thread, but thought I'd post here as well. Maybe we can turn this into the "random sightings" thread.
i-cBW3pLg-L.jpg

Back