Problems with Delivery from Canada

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears that the Rav4 EV are finally arriving. I had a few dealers call me and ask if I was still interested in the Rav and that they have one in their lot. Hopefully,I can get one this weekend.

n3ckf said:
Its possible these rail shipments are delayed by a general shortage of rail capacity in Canada.

This winter was really bad up there and it got the railroads (CNI, etc.) behind on shipments, and the Canadian government recently acted to force its railroads to prioritize grain shipments linkhere

I think the backlog was pretty big so it probably is reducing shipments elsewhere. There was a lot of discussion of this on the CNI conference call yesterday.

Thanks! At least that helps me better understand the whole situation. I didn't know how bad it was and how badly things were affected. Being a lay person, I don't understand the railway system and how cold weather affects them. I read somewhere that it takes more than 4 feet of snow to affect rail transit. I guess they got that and more.

I just got an email letting me know my car found a ride. Estimated delivery is 05/03/2014 - 05/07/2014. :)
Good thing. Gas prices are starting to go up again.

I had 34 coming. 6 arrived (finally!!) and went out to their respective owners within 24-48 hours of arriving.
Now, I am awaiting the rest of the 28 incoming. Hope to see 6-8 of those VERY soon. Tonight would be nice. Hoping!!!
Dianne

Back