2102/2013 RAV4 EV the most expensive Toyota?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsinned

I think it is, by far, not counting the Lexus models, which technically are also made by Toyota.

Btw, does anybody here actually own a "2013" model RAV EV, and is it identical to the 2012 model?

WOW!!! You're right! 2013 Landcruiser's MSRP is nearly $79,000!!!

I had no idea there was such an expensive model in Toyota's full car lineup. Maybe because its a large SUV, with 4WD, 6 speed automatic, and a big 5.7L V8, but I wonder how many Toyota can sell at such a lofty price? Damn, it must be really "luxurious" inside a Landcruiser! :eek:

While the Land Cruiser is expensive, you can definitely see and feel the quality that is baked into the car. Describing it as a 4x4 limo would not be far off the mark.

I have an '06 Lexus version of the Land Cruiser (LX470) that a soon to be mine RAV4 EV will be sitting next to. The RAV4 interior is just about the only disappointment that I'll have to get use to especially coming from the LX470. But having a RAV4 EV in the family will more than make up for the gas swindling nature of the LX470 at 14mpg.

TeCKis300 said:
But having a RAV4 EV in the family will more than make up for the gas swindling nature of the LX470 at 14mpg.
I traded in a AWD '07 Trailblazer SS, which on a good day only got 12mpg! That SUV was costing me close to $80 every time I needed gas, but those days are finally over!

Dsinned said:
Btw, does anybody here actually own a "2013" model RAV EV, and is it identical to the 2012 model?

This is precisely my question, does the 2012 model get the same tax rebates and credits?

From all I"ve read, there is (still) nothing but 2012 models, and they are all the same except for exterior color. Strangely enough, this just might mean buying a "brand new" RAV4 EV sometime in 2014, translates to buying a car already two years old! That also could quite possibly mean, the buyer can get one for next to nothing if the present trend of perpetual discounting continues until then.

I think the federal tax credit will be available till 2014 as well, although that may be a bit more risky to wait and find out.

The Federal tax credit sunsets when the manufacturer in question sells 200,000 units. We're in no danger of that happening any time soon at sales of 75/month. :lol:

Back