Applying for CARB rebate

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4min

So, I was lucky enough to apply for the rebate a week ago, just after I got Нафаня delivered. I have 1 more week to post the documents to LA, but I'm a bit puzzled about perm or temp registration document required, and my dealer is not sure as well.

The closest document I've got is "new vehicle dealer notice temporary identification" under my windshield. Has anyone tried to apply for the credit with this or some other document before perm registration arrived? Normally I would just wait a month and play it safe, but in current situation this would mean losing my allocated funds and being put in the waiting list at best.

And while at it, maybe someone applied for free San Jose parking before perm registration, too?

Any experience or advice would be appreciated.

That's what you need....make a copy of the little paper thing stuck on the windshield. I believe they also need a copy of your sale or lease agreement, and some proof that you're a California resident. I sent a copy of the registration for another car I owned, but they list some other options.

They are very efficient. Within the two weeks you should receive an email saying your stuff arrived, and shortly thereafter that it was approved. You can also go to their web site and check status.

Thanks Michael for reassuring! Will mail the documents today then. Got my ID and a copy of PGnE bill to confirm residentship.

Has anyone in this thread tried to apply for San Jose free parking with the same piece of paper? In this case I can at least drive to the city hall and ask in person, but nothing beats finding the answer online :)

I applied for my rebate last week and mailed in all the appropriate documentation. I received an e-mail from CARB saying that my rebate was being processed and that they would contact me if they needed any more information.

Cheers!

If you are applying now (May 2014) for the $2,500 state rebate, you will not receive your check until September 2014. Normally, you would receive it 60 days after the paperwork is complete and accepted. The funding ran out for the 2013-2014 fiscal year, so it will not be re-funded until July 1, then checks will go out 60 days after that. The funding is already lined up, they just can't put it in place until the next fiscal year starts.

Back