Looking to take over a lease

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geosynch

Hello,

I have driven a BMW ActiveE for two years (returning this coming Wednesday -- very sad) and have been following the RAV4 EV for about as long.

For reasons that are not worth going into now, I need to acquire two new cars in the next few months, although my need for one of those cars is only 12 months. I want both of those cars to have a plug.

I would really like to take over someone's RAV4 EV lease; I would consider new, but I only want to make a 12 month commitment.

So if you or someone you know is looking to get out of their RAV4 EV lease please contact me. My only requirements are non-smoker and lease end June 2015 or thereabouts. I'm OK with 800 or so miles, so, if you've gone a bit over your allocation but have 800/month or so remaining, we can make this work.

Thanks!

geosynch

I don't think anybody has a lease that ends that soon. The first deliveries were around October 2012 and most people, if they lease, choose the 36 month term so that they can get the CA $2,500 rebate. In addition, the Toyota incentives early on were either small or for purchase, not lease, so there is a higher percentage of early cars that were purchased. In May or June 2013 Toyota changed to lease incentives and the percentage swung over to mostly leases.

Good Luck.

miimura said:
I don't think anybody has a lease that ends that soon. The first deliveries were around October 2012 and most people, if they lease, choose the 36 month term so that they can get the CA $2,500 rebate. In addition, the Toyota incentives early on were either small or for purchase, not lease, so there is a higher percentage of early cars that were purchased. In May or June 2013 Toyota changed to lease incentives and the percentage swung over to mostly leases.

Good Luck.

Thanks for that -- I know its a bit of a long shot. I'd consider going for a 18 mo lease, maybe even 24.... But by that point, I may as well just lease a new one.

I have the luxury of being able to look for a few weeks but then I'll have to go to plan B (probably taking over a Leaf lease).

geosynch

Taking over a Nissan lease is hard. If i was to have you take over my lease I WOULD REMAIN LIABLE for any missed payments. This makes it very unattractive for the original lease holder.

Does anyone know if TFS will allow take over of leases? That is the only way to do it. I know that there are some that do and others that do not. Sometimes you can and sometimes you can not, and usually there is a fee to do so. I think that there are some web sites that have lease take overs posted on them, you guys may want to look and see if there is a section where you can post a wanted ad. I don't think that anyone here would want to give up there RAV.

Hi geosynch,

I might have a lease for you if you are interested: I have a pearl white 2012 Chev Volt with 7 months remaining on the lease. This would get you to March 2015. I know it is not a RAV4 EV per your initial post, but it is a non-smoker, a plug-in, and super efficient with 40+ miles on electric. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car, but we are definitely looking into getting a RAV4 EV sooner rather than later. :D The car is in Northern California. Lease is through Ally. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss the details if our interests align.

douglas1, same offer to you if you are interested.

Aceves

On Rav4 EV, most DECENT leases took place after the beginning of July, 2013.
That's when the large cash incentives started, and the unlimited mileage lease started as well. July and August were big months, as were Sept and into early October. There were barely any 2014's available thru year end, and there were no big lease bucks again till Feb 2014.

I'm guessing that finding a Rav4 EV with a decent lease payment to "take over" might still be a months-away event, unless you find someone who's moving and afraid of out of state service, or just has some things changing. If you reside out of state, TFS will give you a hard time, though. :cry:

If anyone is looking to take over a Rav4 EV lease, I've got one I'm looking to get rid of (upgrading to a Model S)... here are the details:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5541232848.html

Back