Planning to Buy or Lease This Year?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickrides

Who is planning to buy or lease a new Rav4 EV in the next few months? My Leaf lease is complete in September and I'm worried that the Rav4 will be sold out by then. Can someone make this a poll?

Thanks,
Rick

rickrides said:
Who is planning to buy or lease a new Rav4 EV in the next few months? My Leaf lease is complete in September and I'm worried that the Rav4 will be sold out by then. Can someone make this a poll?

Thanks,
Rick

No, it won't be sold out that quick. They still have about 800 more to sell, and the rate of production / sales in about 100 per month.

They absolutely will be gone before the Toyota Hydrogen car makes battery electric cars obsolete.

Tony, you don't think there are a lot of people like me that are turning in their 2011 Leafs for a Rav4 EV? I assumed that last month's sales spike to 149 from 69 in April was from 2011 Leaf leasers. That was the third highest sales month and highest since Sept 2013.

Same boat, September Lease is up on Leaf, getting Rav 4, I agree they will still be available, or at least I hope so.

If Toyota catches on to this trend the current $16,500 lease cash offer might go away / be reduced, so there's one reason to act sooner rather than later.

fooljoe said:
If Toyota catches on to this trend the current $16,500 lease cash offer might go away / be reduced, so there's one reason to act sooner rather than later.
+1

Can't imagine the incentive increasing at this point. If there is a change I think it could drop as much as $9,000.

Good chance IMO the CA rebate is dropping by $500 on July 1 so that would make a payment or two right there.

rickrides said:
Tony, you don't think there are a lot of people like me that are turning in their 2011 Leafs for a Rav4 EV? I assumed that last month's sales spike to 149 from 69 in April was from 2011 Leaf leasers. That was the third highest sales month and highest since Sept 2013.

BMW ActiveE lease returns mostly, I think... the ones that didn't buy the i3.

I got one! Signed a lease Thursday, picked it up Friday and now I have three cars for one driver.

I ordered a Jesla Thursday evening and wired a 14-50a outlet this afternoon. Now I have to turn in the Leaf a little early.

-Rick

rickrides said:
I got one! Signed a lease Thursday, picked it up Friday and now I have three cars for one driver.

I ordered a Jesla Thursday evening and wired a 14-50a outlet this afternoon. Now I have to turn in the Leaf a little early.

-Rick

Congrats on your new beast!!!

Your new JESLA should be on the way to you now. Thanks for your purchase!

http://shop.quickchargepower.com/JESLA-is-THE-40-amp-J1772-portable-charging-solution-JESLA.htm

Back