How long will the unlimited mileage lease option last?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riderbike37

I am going to get a Rav4 EV, but I won't need it (and won't have the opportunity to drive it) until the end of August or so. One dealer said the $16,500 lease cash will continue past the current incentive period, but they are afraid the unlimited mileage lease won't, and that the residual values on the lease are going to drop.

Should I move now and eat a couple months of payments to ensure I get the unlimited mileage lease (which I need), or hold off and see if it rolls over to the next incentive period?

That's impossible to answer, but if history of the last year is any indication, the unlimited mileage lease will be around until all the RAV's are gone. The residual may, and likely will, change a little. But lease prices have been relatively stable for the last year.

I got mine 3 months early to get the current deal and to make sure they don't run out of cars. Also, the Calif $2500 rebate drops to $2000 July 1. That will cover 1 payment.

The rebate remains $2500!

The Air Resources Board met yesterday and approved large amounts of funding for the next fiscal year, but I can't tell if they adopted the proposed rebate reductions. I left a message with the program manager. If she calls back, I'll post what I find out here.

Here's the press release: http://www.arb.ca.gov/newsrel/newsrelease.php?id=632
Here's a news release that says the rebates are unchanged, but it may well be completely incorrect: http://www.ucsusa.org/news/press_release/calif-funds-low-carbon-transpo-0423.html

The official press release doesn't say the rebates continue unchanged. Assuming ARB would brag about continuation, but not a rebate reduction, it may be that the rebates are decreased.

I believe the $16,500 will continue. I am concerned that the unlimited mileage lease won't go longer than July because we need to look ahead 3 full years from now and figure out what type of support for this car Toyota wants to be still giving in 2017 ... after extended miles. Needless to say, I always hope it does, because 3/4th's of my clients lease for unlimited mileage. It seems the most sensible lease since our driving habits and car usage / intentions change once we eliminate fuel use... and this car becomes the "go to" car in the garage...

Toyota better be planning to support the RAV4 EV through the full extended warranty that they sold many buyers, way past 2017.

Back