My round trip commute is 80 highway miles. Will I make it?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davideski

Hi -

If I buy this car, will I make it the 80 miles I need to get to work and back each day?

Thanks!

David

I am new to this site and I dont yet own a Rav EV but I have been reading a lot.

Based on what I have seen, yes you will make it unless you have really cold winter weather which will shorten your range quite a bit.

Most users are getting 100-160 miles on a charge. Your range depends on your driving style, terrain, and weather.

davideski said:
If I buy this car, will I make it the 80 miles I need to get to work and back each day?
Easily. In the two years I've owned the Rav4 EV, I've never gotten less than 90 miles on a standard charge (even with A/C on full and driving 75 mph with hills). On an extended charge, I've never gotten less than 100 miles.

You will make it. My commute is 90 miles. I've been driving this thing everyday to work. I'm closing in on 20K miles in less than a year.

During the winter you may need to extend charge. Since I drive fast every day I've been extend charging every day for the last 7 months with little battery loss. It's a great deal to lease especially since you can get one with no mileage limit. If you decide to return it you won't have to worry about long term battery loss if you extend charge every day, and if you have a free charging station at work you have free fuel. Pull the trigger.

Absolutely! My daily commute is 50 miles and on a regular basis I go 2 days between charging, meaning 100+ miles in between.
Even with the AC or Heater going, you'll easily make your 80 mile RT.

yeah that'll work easily. on a standard charge. Do it a few times on extended to get the confidence you need to do it on standard but you wont need to charge to extended to feel safe after the 3rd time or so.

I've driven mine 19K miles now and i've only turtled once (and i still reached my destination that time).

jimbo69ny said:
I am new to this site and I dont yet own a Rav EV but I have been reading a lot.

Based on what I have seen, yes you will make it unless you have really cold winter weather which will shorten your range quite a bit.

Most users are getting 100-160 miles on a charge. Your range depends on your driving style, terrain, and weather.

Easily and you should have 40 miles range remaining when you get home. You have to have a 220 charger installed and charge to full or close to full each night and use extended charge.

Back