The last new Rav4 EV, #3538?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I predict #3600 will be sold well before the last RAV4 EV.

Either someone high up has already reserved it, or someone with a keen eye on the inventory will spot which dealer has it and will snag it.

I wonder when the last one will be sold. Will there be a scramble for the last few, or are we all early-adoptered out?

Joking aside, I really wonder who will get the last Rav EV. I am also curious as to what vins were up to now. I havent heard any predictions on how much longer till they are sold out.

We are in the 3400's for VINs. They produce about 100 per month I believe.
There are about 230 available currently, so figure about 400 in total left.

Sales per month vary wildly, but probably by the end of the year they'll be gone.

On my way home this afternoon, I caught a train unloading a fresh batch of RAV4 EV's here at the Port of Richmond up here in Northern California. Put the photos up on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/markhathaway/sets/72157647602120081/

red_stripe05 said:
On my way home this afternoon, I caught a train unloading a fresh batch of RAV4 EV's here at the Port of Richmond up here in Northern California. Put the photos up on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/markhathaway/sets/72157647602120081/
Great photos! Seems like the rail yard workers were hamming it up a bit. It's hard for me to estimate how many EVs are there, what's your guess?

There were at least 6 rows, each with 4 to 6 rav4 ev's in each row, so my guess would be 25 to 35 total that were just unloaded there yesterday. And yeah, the port workers had to be wondering just what the hell some guy was doing taking pictures of them unloading cars. I got a lot of weird looks.

Looks like something just left the plant, 3536 to Sunnyvale. Was delayed, so I couldn't see it.

TonyWilliams said:
Dianne said:
Looks like something just left the plant, 3536 to Sunnyvale. Was delayed, so I couldn't see it.

Yep, they were already advertising it.

Surprising, because when I picked up mine from Sunnyvale last Friday, they were giving me a hard time for wanting the EV and not a PIP or other Hybrid. Took a few minutes of convincing before they let me test drive it.

evcars said:
TonyWilliams said:
Dianne said:

Yep, they were already advertising it.

Surprising, because when I picked up mine from Sunnyvale last Friday, they were giving me a hard time for wanting the EV and not a PIP or other Hybrid. Took a few minutes of convincing before they let me test drive it.

I can't wait to see the enthusiasm Toyota, Hyundai and Honda dealers will have to lease-only their hydrogen cars, and n 2018 model year or sooner, the three major FCV alliances: BMW-TOYOTA, DAIMLER-FORD-NISSAN, GM-HONDA.

Back