Maintenance Cost

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Houston810

What would be the maintenance cost on this car yearly and over 8years? I keep reading some places saying people might have to replace their battery? Is that true? Should I budget for something like that happening?

The only expected maintenance to speak of is rotating/replacing the tires. Perhaps also you'll do a cabin air filter and some fluid flushes in there as well.

The battery is warranted for 8 years, so you won't need to replace it before then unless its range has degraded to the point where it no longer meets your needs. What that point is is really just a matter of personal preference. A more likely scenario than replacing the battery is that you'll just sell the car when its battery no longer gives you enough range, and buy whatever new vehicle is out there. So, no, I wouldn't budget for a battery replacement.

In 8 years I am looking for at least half the price and 20% more range. Maybe self refill with just buying the cells if possible. I will worry about the money then to what makes the most sense.

so does anyone else hope that in 8 years there will be aftermarket battery packs with greater storage, chargers with faster rates, updated firmware with better vehicle management ? Maybe its wishful thinking, but once these start coming off lease, I believe there will be a great deal of demand for them throughout the US, as more people see and understand that electric vehicles can meet there everyday needs easily. But the new ones will still be expensive, and there still won't be alot of "used" options. Even if my Rav has ½ the range in 8 years, it will still be a wonderful around town car, easily filled with kids, parents, groceries, etc. ANd if nothing else comes along, I may just have to take a grinder and make it into the coolest electric pick-up truck on the road -

Back