Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Confused about Rebates
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:47 pm 

Although I am sure it has been addressed any number of times in this forum, I want to remind readers to double check the State and Federal rebates and be sure which if any they directly qualify for. Like many, my wife and I leased our 2014 Rav4 EV through a southern California Toyota dealer (Tustin Toyota). I just assumed that the dealer would get both the Federal Tax Credit and the CA State Rebate (paid by check, not tax related), and didn’t give it another thought. It isn’t easy to decipher the reams of paperwork that our lease generated.

In the midst of doing our taxes this spring, I decided to call the dealership and double check that they indeed got both the Federal Tax Credit and the CA State Rebate. I was quite surprised to learn that the dealership did not apply for the State Rebate, which in this case is $2,500.

I obviously rushed to apply for the State Rebate which arrived today—a sweet check for $2,500. Luckily, one can apply for the rebate up to 18 months after a lease or purchase.

If I can help just one other person avoid the mistake I almost made, this posting will be worth it. While I can’t comment on what procedure other dealers in CA followed regarding the rebate and tax credit, this was my experience.

27K, Still on Lease

Post subject: Re: Confused about Rebates
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:59 pm 

That's great that you caught it!

It has been covered extensively when the cars were new (and still subject to the rebate).