Toyota Care vs. Platinum Extended Warranty

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3ckf

So, i'm being innundated by telesphone calls to buy an "extended toyota care" policy for my vehicle (like 6 in the last 3 weeks).

However i have the Platinum warranty thing from Toyota (75K/8years warranty coverage).

Is there any reason to buy the extended toyota care on these vehicles as well?

I'm coming up on 2 years of ownership (and i dont know what the default toyota care length is).

n3ckf said:
So, i'm being innundated by telesphone calls to buy an "extended toyota care" policy for my vehicle (like 6 in the last 3 weeks).

However i have the Platinum warranty thing from Toyota (75K/8years warranty coverage).

Is there any reason to buy the extended toyota care on these vehicles as well?

I'm coming up on 2 years of ownership (and i dont know what the default toyota care length is).

Toyota Care is two years / 25,000 miles.

I wouldn't waste my money on it.

In my understanding, they are completely different things. ToyotaCare is just prepaid maintenance and roadside assistance. If you want roadside assistance, AAA is much cheaper and much more flexible, plus has more perks. As far as the maintenance, there isn't that much with the vehicle anyway.

Back