Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Any diffrences between 2012-2014 RaV4 Ev Models
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:53 pm 

They certainly came with my 2014. I think they owe you floor mats. If they don't come through I'd immediately complain to Toyota.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:37 pm 

davewill wrote:
They certainly came with my 2014. I think they owe you floor mats. If they don't come through I'd immediately complain to Toyota.

The floor mats came in exactly ONE color with every RAV4 EV. If you didn't get the floor mats when the car was lease / purchased new, I would inquire at the dealer.

Good luck... I don't see them doing anything for you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:49 pm 

My first inquiry to purchase the Rav4 EV showed that the Blizzard Pearl color was an additional charge and that floor mats were $300 or so. Thanks to this forum I purchased from Toyota Carson (Love you Dianne!) and the paint upgrade and floormats were included at no charge.

Definitely check the sticker and if the floormats were shown as included for the price you paid, get back to the dealer. If they were not shown as included on the sticker then you will likely have to purchase them if you want them.

Did you get the L1 charger that comes with the car?

8/12/14 RAV4 EV #3008, Blizzard Pearl
9kW Solar Electric System
SDGE TOU metering
OpenEVSE 40 amp

"Aquaponics...solar-powered nanotechnology that produces fresh vegetables and meat, while purifying water..." - Rick Op, Houston Texas.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:04 pm 

TonyWilliams wrote:
There's no advantage to any of the years.

I would say that the one that is the "best" deal has the newest firmware (1.3.83) and has had all the teething problems fixed.

All the cars had one option; floor mats. Every car was included with this one option. There were three color choices; pearl white, silver and blue. There was also an appliance white for fleets, but I don't personally know of a single one built or sold.

For instance, my 2012 has had EVERYTHING replaced. Of the two 2014s that I have, one has had the motor replaced.

Miles arent nearly as important in an EV, either. That motor will go a LOOOOOOooooooong way, and there's no transmission to service.

Make sure the car isn't over 36,000 miles / 36 months without the Toyota extended warranty. That is the singular car I wouldn't buy.

Warranty thread:

viewtopic.php?p=13391#p13391

The only differences between a 2012, 2013 and 2014 model years is the the 10th digit from the left of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) has a "C" for 2012, "D" for 2013 and 2014 has an "E". You will find the VIN through the front window, looking from the outside on the driver's side, at the bottom.

The Rav4 EV began sales on Sept 24, 2012 and production completed August 28, 2014.

2538 total were produced.

Does the "Toyota extended warranty" have the same/better/different coverage than a Toyota Used Certified Vehicle? I am shopping, and seeing some with over 3/36 that are certified, some that aren't, etc. Or, for the EV concerns, would I specifically desire one with the Toyota Extended Warranty? Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:08 am 

scottsrav4 wrote:
TonyWilliams wrote:
There's no advantage to any of the years...

The only differences between a 2012, 2013 and 2014 model years is the the 10th digit from the left of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) has a "C" for 2012, "D" for 2013 and 2014 has an "E". You will find the VIN through the front window, looking from the outside on the driver's side, at the bottom.

The Rav4 EV began sales on Sept 24, 2012 and production completed August 28, 2014.

2538 total were produced.

Does the "Toyota extended warranty" have the same/better/different coverage than a Toyota Used Certified Vehicle? I am shopping, and seeing some with over 3/36 that are certified, some that aren't, etc. Or, for the EV concerns, would I specifically desire one with the Toyota Extended Warranty? Thank you!

I would have the dealer explain the differences to you I need to you in detail. The extended warranty is only available from a dealer.

The current firmware is 1.3 .101