Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: RAV4 EV in NW Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 am 

Well with service on the Rav the challange with be who will work on it. Our local Toyota dealer had people looking at the car today who were surprised it was really their vehicle. But regardless they don't have a cable to interface with it and nobody here will probably want to work on it. So will the regional service manager get involved and fly in a tech? I'll be surprised and if there is a problem during the aftermarket warranty then I'll be really surprised if they stand the expense of bringing in a trained tech. We will have to wait and see. Hope I just wasted my money and never have a serious problem.

Post subject: Re: RAV4 EV in NW Arkansas
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:53 am 
Site Moderator

Birddog, once again, CONGRATS! You got one for less than HALF the original MSRP, so that in itself should make the rest of us somewhat envious of the deal you got! Here in CA, I paid very close to sticker back in November 2012. However, up through the following year, CA dealers were heavily discounting new RAV4 EVs piling up on their lots. Needless to say, I missed Toyota's "fire sale" discounting window BIG TIME! Sadly, I did not even get 0% APR financing from TFS at the time, which was being offered on standard RAV4s, just not EV. The only thing that makes up for a bad case of buyers remorse, is that (overall) the car has been a great "family car" purchase, and certainly the largest cargo area equipped CUV of any other EV on the market, and still is! Plus, it certainly was A LOT CHEAPER than buying an actual TESLA to get a truly "peppy" EV drivetrain! :mrgreen: