Buying the car after the lease has run

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jzj

Hi, I would like to know if anyone has experience regarding what to expect when buying the RAV4 after the lease has run. I have to decide within the year whether to buy it or let Toyota take it back. I very much like my RAV4. I leased this one both because the lease was a good deal and because I wanted to keep my 2016 options open, but now I am considering purchasing it at the end of the lease. The residual value is around $22,000.

Here are my questions on this topic:
1. Does anyone have experience with negotiating a lower buy-out cost than the stated residual value?
2. What will happen regarding warranties and continued maintenance?
3. I would consider leasing a Chevrolet Bolt: does anyone want to speculate as to the availability and cost of doing so?

Thanks.

Jason

jzj said:
Hi, I would like to know if anyone has experience regarding what to expect when buying the RAV4 after the lease has run. I have to decide within the year whether to buy it or let Toyota take it back. I very much like my RAV4. I leased this one both because the lease was a good deal and because I wanted to keep my 2016 options open, but now I am considering purchasing it at the end of the lease. The residual value is around $22,000.

Here are my questions on this topic:
1. Does anyone have experience with negotiating a lower buy-out cost than the stated residual value?
2. What will happen regarding warranties and continued maintenance?
3. I would consider leasing a Chevrolet Bolt: does anyone want to speculate as to the availability and cost of doing so?

Thanks.

Jason

1. Since the market value is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the residual, good luck with that!!!

2. The warranty is not connect to lease versus purchase. They are warranties on the car.

3. You want us to guess how much a Bolt is? It won't be available for another year, and they've already announced $37,500.

Back