$7500 Cash Rebate - 2/5 - 3/4 ! ! !

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremymc7

The $6000 Toyota Cash Rebate Inventive expried yesterday, 2/4.

Today Toyota upped the ante to $7500 Toyota Cash Rebate Inventive until 3/4.

Depending on where you are then...

$7500 Federal
$2500 State
$7500 Toyota

Thats $17.5 is discounts. Unlike the Fed & State that $7500 Toyota comes right off the purchase price and pretty much every gets it.

The real question is for people that haven't bought in yet should they wait any longer. How much further could Toyota discount? Could we see another $1500, or $9,000+ come 3/5?

Toyota dealers have upped the bonus cash incentive to $7,000 not the $7,500 as previously stated BUT they also have more incentives to move the cars so dealers are negotiating. I'm getting a good deal. Off to sign the papers...and then get going on installing a charger after more research.

VegeLady said:
Toyota dealers have upped the bonus cash incentive to $7,000 not the $7,500 as previously stated BUT they also have more incentives to move the cars so dealers are negotiating. I'm getting a good deal. Off to sign the papers...and then get going on installing a charger after more research.

Actually it is $7,500 in Southern California at least. Perhaps different nationwide or in your area.

If you check the So Cal Toyota website you'll clearly see $7,500. Just navigate to the RAV4 EV page as I can't seem to pull a direct link.
http://www.southerncalifornia.buyatoyota.com/Specials/SpecialOffers.aspx

I N C R E D I B L E - - - P R I C E ! ! !

And the 0% APR financing is still available as well, so you can get BOTH the discount and financing incentives!

Actually, incredibly low pricing incentives on this vehicle are spreading like wildfire.

Here's an advertisement from a Northern CA dealer's website (Piercey Toyota, Milpitas, CA), not counting the $7500 federal tax credit and $2500 CA rebate:

MSRP: $50,645
Piercey Toyota (dealer) discount: - $1,757
Toyota subvention cash: - $7,000 *

Total price: $41,888 **

1 in stock at this price. Stock #CW001087. Model #4480.
* All advertised prices exclude government fees and taxes, and finance charges, $85 dealer document preparation charge and any emission testing charges. Advertised prices apply to in-stock vehicles. ** Bonus Cash must be applied to the transaction and available only with Special 0% APR through TFS. $16.67 per $1000 borrowed with 0% APR. No down payment required if qualified. Must take delivery by 3/4/13.

At such an incredibly low price, why don't they just give them away? Or, better yet, send everyone who purchased last year, a big post-sale rebate check! Indeed, how much lower can they go? They must already be losing a ton of money on each sale BIG TIME! Pretty soon these cars will cost less than a top of the line standard RAV4!

This is pure madness!!!

Dsinned said:
I N C R E D I B L E - - - P R I C E ! ! !

Here's the link to a Northern CA dealer's "specials" website . . . http://www.pierceytoyota.com/specials/new-specials.htm

At such an incredibly low price, why don't they just give them away? Or, better yet, send everyone who purchased last year, a big post-sale rebate check! Indeed, how much lower can they go? They must already be losing a ton of money on each sale BIG TIME! Pretty soon these cars will cost less than a top of the line standard RAV4!

This is pure madness!!!

That's my question, how much further, will it just keep going down each month, where's the bottom ? ? ?

I don't know how much they might be "loosing". at a minimum if they sold all the cars at retail it would have been $100 million is Gross Sales but obviously that's not happening. That could be a drop in the bucket though compared to what they could loose in the total company, not just this model, if they don't hit the government targets.

We'll have to see how this all shakes out.

Huge thanks for posting this. I just got a call from my dealer saying they had to rewrite the contract since they were unable to pay my local taxes and put it in the loan. I wrote and asked if that meant I could take advantage of the extra subvention cash, and the answer was yes.

I've had a good experience with Roy at Fremont Toyota if anyone is interested. They are discounting about $2K up front, not counting subvention cash, and I haven't gotten any of the usual dealer runaround.

jspearman said:
Carson Toyota has a lot of them as well in stock but for some reason isn't quoting prices.

Quote from Carson Toyota:

$50,870 Retail (inc floor mats and destination)
-$2,901 Dealer Discount
$47,969 Price
$3,843.92 tax
$428.75 license (deductible)
$80 doc fee
$52,321.67 Total
-$7,500 Finance Cash (which must apply to down payment)
=$44,824.67 Amount financed (at 0% APR), or $747.08 per month for 60 months

-$7,500 Fed Tax Credit
-$2,500 CA State Rebate

=$34,824.67, or $580.41 per month for 60 months

They are motivated. They have 17 on the lot.

TonyWilliams said:
Jscifres said:
I'm honestly starting to think about buying another one... Is that crazy?

No, it's not.

My wife and I just talked about this tonight, and not getting a Tesla Model S.

I dunno... the Model S has that fast charging network... and is one hell of a sexy car!

Ignoring what the value of the Rav4EV could rise to if gas hits $5/gallon...

I just feel like with all the technology packed into this thing, the price of this car is seriously approaching its salvage value for replacement parts alone! What's an extra battery pack cost? I think back to my childhood, when I would always scavenge parts from old R/C cars to fix my lone running car.

Jscifres said:
TonyWilliams said:
Jscifres said:
I'm honestly starting to think about buying another one... Is that crazy?
I dunno... the Model S has that fast charging network... and is one hell of a sexy car!

I'm kind of in a similar thought. The Tesla is nice looking, have nice toys, is fast, and offers the free charging, longer range. That said you only get the charging on the higher spec cars, not even an option on the $50-60k base model.

The way Toyota is own the RAV4 EV pricing some people who were thinking of a lower spec Tesla Model S might be willing to "compromise" (haha) and get a RAV4 EV for MUCH less.

A new RAV4 EV at a net cost of down close to $30k (after deducting nearly $20k for the tax credit, CA rebate, Toyoya cashback and dealer discount incentives) is one helleva fantastic deal too! At such a low price you could buy TWO Rav4 EVs for less than a base model Tesla S-40, and in many ways have a better all-around car, especially for a family lifestyle.

bstr said:
Has anyone gotten a quote on a 36 month lease?

The rate schedule I saw listed 0.0% rate for 36, 48, and 60 month loans.
These are simple interest rates... meaning interest is calculated on outstanding balance, not pre-calculated.
The net of this is that I don't see any downside whatsoever on the 60 month loan. If you want to pay it off faster, just increase your payments.
And, given that the interest rate is 0.0%, calculating what that would be is easy enough :)

edmc said:
bstr said:
Has anyone gotten a quote on a 36 month lease?

The rate schedule I saw listed 0.0% rate for 36, 48, and 60 month loans.
These are simple interest rates... meaning interest is calculated on outstanding balance, not pre-calculated.
The net of this is that I don't see any downside whatsoever on the 60 month loan. If you want to pay it off faster, just increase your payments.
And, given that the interest rate is 0.0%, calculating what that would be is easy enough :)

As far as leasing however, I see there is a different thread discussing it. I'm really not sure what the residual value will be after 3 or 5 years, the state of the battery and cost to replace or recondition. The idea of leasing is pretty appealing considering all that as long as the price is right.

While I'm happy that Toyota is offering so much cash as an incentive (on top of various government tax incentives and carpool lane access), they shouldn't have to. There are hundreds of people willing to pay $36,740 for a fully-loaded 2013 N!ssan Leaf SL. If Toyota found a successful way to market the $49,800 - $7,000 ($42,800) Rav4 EV to those people, N!ssan would be losing a lot of sales. Get butts in cars for test drives, and the Rav4 EV sells itself.

BTW, Toyota's website now brands the car as the 2013 Rav4 EV.

Blastphemy said:
While I'm happy that Toyota is offering so much cash as an incentive (on top of various government tax incentives and carpool lane access), they shouldn't have to. There are hundreds of people willing to pay $36,740 for a fully-loaded 2013 N!ssan Leaf SL. If Toyota found a successful way to market the $49,800 - $7,000 ($42,800) Rav4 EV to those people, N!ssan would be losing a lot of sales. Get butts in cars for test drives, and the Rav4 EV sells itself.

BTW, Toyota's website now brands the car as the 2013 Rav4 EV.

I think that's part of the problem. Nissan dropped the prices and now has a base spec Model S that's even $10k less (roughly) over the SL Model. And Nissan is supposed to be making them in the US which is supposed to cost them less. Toyota is in the middle between a Nissan Leaf and a base Spec Tesla Model S. Throw in Ford, Mitsubishi, and several other pure EV's and it makes things tough for Toyota. Add to that they are in only a few states and there isn't too much press and it's a hard time. There may be hundreds of people interested but they need to sell thousands. I see comments throw around from Toyota that they aren't pushing this too much either.

:(

Back