Quote for Lease.

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADHDOCD

I'm very interested in leasing the Rav4 EV and stopped by a dealer the other day. I didn't really start negotiating very seriously and this is what they gave me. Some of the numbers don't make sense and others seem to be missing (like the $7500 Fed, which I know the dealer gets).
It'll be the first time for me leasing a car and I'm not famililar with all the terms they're using.

Any suggestions would help.

th_Rav4EVlease0001_zps327eb4aa.jpg

http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/user/ADHDOCD/profile/

My first question is, what is $4000 cash? Are you paying that? This is basically a no discount offer from the dealership.

Your Quote:

$50,870 Retail MSRP (inc floor mats and destination)

-$9115.07 Dealer Discount (a purchase would have up to $2900 dealer discount, $7000 north California or $7500 south California Toyota cash, AND you would qualify for $7500 fed tax credit and $2500 state rebate)

$50,190 Net Price (Capitalization for a lease... No, this one doesn't add up!!)

$0 sales tax for lease in California (you pay monthly)

$414.35 license (partially tax deductible)

$80 doc fee

-$7,500 Fed Tax Credit (you will NOT get this)
-$2,500 CA State Rebate (you will get this)

$550.06, plus use tax, $597.50 per month for 36 months

The amount listed for "Upfront tax" of $793.08 appears to be Santa Clara County sales tax at 8.625% on $9115.07 (Total cap cost reduction) + $80 (Doc fee).

What I don't understand here is two things:

1.) There is no explicit mention of the $7500.00 federal tax rebate. I suppose Toyota finance is keeping this for themselves with no mention of it to you, or the dealer is cheating you out of it, or somehow it's built-in to the price. In any of the three scenarios, the final destination of that rebate should be explicitly identified in writing. When I leased my Nissan Leaf, the $7500.00 credit was shown right on the lease as a capital cost reduction.

2.) Back in September, before Toyota announced the $7000.00 rebate, a poster to this forum said he bought a RAV4EV for $599/mo and $3500.00 downpayment. That was actually cheaper than ADHDOCD's deal. What gives? Is this some kind of shell game? Does the Toyota rebate really exist?

Bottom line: It looks to me like he's getting scalped.

Question: Can any dealer out there beat ADHDOCD's deal? Has anyone out there leased for a better price?

Leafer.

Leafer said:
1.) There is no explicit mention of the $7500.00 federal tax rebate. I suppose Toyota finance is keeping this for themselves with no mention of it to you, or the dealer is cheating you out of it, or somehow it's built-in to the price.

The dealer is not cheating anybody. They will happily take only as much money as you volunteer to pay them. Having said that, the dealer has no control over what Toyota does with "its" $7500 tax credit on THEIR leased car to YOU.

Yes, every other known EV lease in the known universe offers the $7500 to the end leasee, but they are not required to. Toyota doesn't even mention it; it's just theirs.

2.) Back in September, before Toyota announced the $7000.00 rebate, a poster to this forum said he bought a RAV4EV for $599/mo and $3500.00 downpayment. That was actually cheaper than ADHDOCD's deal. What gives? Is this some kind of shell game? Does the Toyota rebate really exist?

First, be clear that Toyota does offer this (please don't confuse Toyota with any privately owned Toyota dealer in the USA) as $7000 cash in the northern part of the state, and $7500 in the south. This deal is posted above is the worst deal I've ever seen on a Rav4 EV so far.

Question: Can any dealer out there beat ADHDOCD's deal? Has anyone out there leased for a better price?

Any dealer can beat this non-deal. I suppose they will find some uneducated suckers, which is certainly to the dealer's advantage. I recommend Dianne Whitmore at Carson Toyota, one of the biggest Rav4 EV dealers in the world. You can pick it up or have it shipped. Yes, even in the Bay Area, you could drive it home from LA. A Southwest Airlines one way ticket to LA could be less than $100.

Back