How much did you pay for 2013 RAV4 EV?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techsrini

Hello,
Greetings!!! Hope you are all doing well.

I am looking for some guidance with respect price of buying a RAV4 EV (California)

(1) I saw a 2014 RAV4 EV with 60K miles on it. The range (as it shows on dashboard) is about 85 miles (after fully charged). The asking price is around $16K. I know the range is pretty less (usually it should be about 103 miles fully charged right?). Anything wrong with this? What would be the price I can start negotiation with?

(2) 2014 RAV4 EV with 27K miles. The range is 100 miles (after fully charged). The asking price is around $18K. What would be the price I can start negotiation with?

(3) In general, what's the best price range for 2012/2013/2014 RAV4 EVs?

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,
TS.

Those prices seem to be in line, although I should think that the 1st could be a little lower based on mileage. Do a quick search on True Car and you can get a better idea.

Couple of things...
-The 'full charge' may just be the standard charge if its in the 80's. However the estimated miles flexes around many variables, including driver habits, settings, degradation, temperature, etc. If you can get it on a two-day test drive, you could always try the 'Tony Test'.
-Also, keep in mind that the original drivetrain warranty should be in effect on the second vehicle, but not the first. I would shoot for $16-17k on the second (near pristine), just depends a lot on the car's history and condition.

I agree, those prices seem the going rate. IMO, #2 looks like a good deal and I would snap it up.

If you haven't already, I recommend you take a look at the thread on the known problems first.
http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1589

When you get in to test drive one, first thing to check is the cabin heater.

My opinion, get the newest, lowest mileage one that you can --- and take it to the nearest Toyota dealer and buy a platinum warranty. The rules are, you're eligible for a platinum new car warranty if you're within 36k miles AND less than 3 years. A dealer might sell you the warranty, with one of those figures out of range, and then Toyota Motor Finance will cancel it -- speaking from first hand experience.

Back