2012 reliability vs 2013 & 2014?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ev_Bob

Greetings All,

Were there any differences between the three years the Rav4 EV was in production? There is a 2012 in my state with 16,500 miles. Though the mileage is low, I am concerned that since it was one of the first off the production line, it may have more production flaws/less robust parts than the ones that came later? According to wikipedia only 192 were made in 2012 -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_RAV4_EV#Second_generation.

If it helps, it looks like this one is # 1072...so center as far as production goes for 2012?

Were the 2013 and 2014 models more reliable? This is a big concern for me, since this car will reside in Florida, far away from the authorized techs in California...

Thanks in advance!,

Bob

All the cars were identical, except:

1) VIN (C = 2012, D = 2013, E = 2014)

2) Color (fleet white, pearl white +$395, blue and silver)

3) Firmware (all cars should be updated to 1.3.101 per US Government recall)

All cars are based on the 2012 RAV4 Limited V6 (including Yokohama Mud & Snow tires) with the "Sport" rear door (no spare tire).

All years can experience all the "features"... cabin heater that fails, DC 2 DC fuse that blows, onboard charger that fails, motor whining sound, etc.

Back