How to start a warranty claim out of California? any tips?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtManz

I have the Toyota warranty for the EV.
The cabin heater doesn't work.

I plan to start the warranty claim process and I wonder if anybody has any pointers?
My closest dealer is Toyota of Kirkland, WA.

Do you start contacting Toyota directly via the contact info on the warranty card?
Or do you start with the dealer and they manage getting a service tech up here from Ca?

I'm hoping to be able to get this done before it gets too cold :shock:

Contact the service Dept at ToK first. It won't do any good but it is a good place to start.
Then email and call Toyota Corporate service. I wound up with Jeff after calling 800-331-4331 ext 3. Apparently they no longer have a dedicated position for the Rav4EV.
Once you get a response, keep trying until you do, they will say the vehicle cannot be serviced outside California. Politely say ToK has done many warranty service jobs and insist they open a case #.
Then call ToK back with the case #.
With a bit of persistence, and the all important case #, you can coordinate between ToK service and Toyota Corporate to get an appointment to get the heater fixed.

Thank you!
That worked eventually (ignore my PM).
After a few bounces I now have a case number and I'm starting the "we'll call you within 2 days" part of the claim.

one thing they did that was nice is asked me "what are ALL the things you want to do to it"
they must have seen this type of behavior before.

so I asked for:
1. Fix heater
2. Configure locks to engage automatically when I start driving
3. Configure reverse sound to be a single beep.

Are there any other configurations anybody knows about that are good to have?

Back