Are warranties available for 2012 or 2013 models?

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jynx

I have been interested in owning a Rav4 EV since the 1st generation. Since the second generation Rav4s have come out, I've been wanting to get one badly. Now that the majority of them are being sold around 15K-25K, I've been looking even more. I saw a listing for a 2012 Rav4 EV with incredibly low miles, but I'm apprehensive due to the fact that it's beyond the original warranty in terms of years. My long winded question is does Toyota offer a warranty for those vehicles that are beyond the original warranty that is close to the 8yr or 10yr warranty? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Toyota Platinum Warranties are available for purchase at any Toyota dealer.

The 2012-2014 Toyota RAV4 EV is a "Tier 3" vehicle in the warranty program.

The two types of recommended warranties are:

1) Toyota NEW car Platinum warranty (VSA). The Toyota vehicle must be less than 3 years / 36,000 miles from new. Available for up to 10 years / 125,000 miles from the new car sale date.

2) Toyota USED car Platinum warranty (VSA). The Toyota vehicle must be less than 9 years / 150,000 miles from new. Available for up to 5 years / 60,000 miles from the extended warranty purchase date.

Back