Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:53 pm
Posts: 1
I am looking for a RAV4 EV with the CHAdeMO upgrade kit. I keep seeing RAV4 EVs for sale online but i doubt any of them have the kit. Any advice or anyone looking to sell?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:43 am
Posts: 273
Location: Redwood City, CA
SWFLEVOwners wrote:
I am looking for a RAV4 EV with the CHAdeMO upgrade kit. I keep seeing RAV4 EVs for sale online but i doubt any of them have the kit. Any advice or anyone looking to sell?


My advice is to state where you are located (in your profile or message) and to say how far you are willing to travel or have the car shipped.

_________________
2013 Blizzard Pearl VIN 1633
2013 Chevy Volt (my wife's)
Haibike Urban Xduro ebike
3.2 kW Solar PV system


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:17 am
Posts: 190
A thought would be to buy a good Rav4 without the JDEMO and then add it. I believe Tony is still offering the upgrade.

_________________
Blizzard White
SN 1147


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 3998
Location: San Diego
SeattleRav4 wrote:
A thought would be to buy a good Rav4 without the JDEMO and then add it. I believe Tony is still offering the upgrade.


We are actually selling more now than ever.

We are quickly approaching 200 sold.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Portland, Oregon
If you're still looking I have a 2012 - Pearl White - 128,100 miles, JdeMO, new motor with all Tesla updates, non-smoker, second owner - asking $18,500

I'm in Portland, OR email here or jlucie@gmail.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:49 am
Posts: 574
Location: Ithaca, NY
quake wrote:
If you're still looking I have a 2012 - Pearl White - 128,100 miles, JdeMO, new motor with all Tesla updates, non-smoker, second owner - asking $18,500

I'm in Portland, OR email here or jlucie@gmail.com

128k for $18k ouch

_________________
2014 Rav EV #3364
2012 Plug in Prius

OpenEVSE builds
priuschat.com/threads/my-openevse-build.115573/#post-1647089
Dual voltage, portable 40amp Openevse
myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1013&start=120


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Portland, Oregon
Not sure why everyone is obsessed with the amount of miles. I can understand for a gas car, but for EV's it is much less relevant, especially one made with Tesla components which have proven reliable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:49 am
Posts: 574
Location: Ithaca, NY
quake wrote:
Not sure why everyone is obsessed with the amount of miles. I can understand for a gas car, but for EV's it is much less relevant, especially one made with Tesla components which have proven reliable.


Because battery degradation is a real thing. As it ages it loses battery capacity. If anything it’s MORE important than an ICE. An ICE’s gas tank doesn’t shrink as it ages.

_________________
2014 Rav EV #3364
2012 Plug in Prius

OpenEVSE builds
priuschat.com/threads/my-openevse-build.115573/#post-1647089
Dual voltage, portable 40amp Openevse
myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1013&start=120


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:41 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Portland, Oregon
As you said degradation occurs with age, as well as sitting a long time with a fully charged battery. Amount of miles driven has nothing to do with it. The extended charge on mine was only used a few times. 95% capacity remains.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:49 am
Posts: 574
Location: Ithaca, NY
quake wrote:
As you said degradation occurs with age, as well as sitting a long time with a fully charged battery. Amount of miles driven has nothing to do with it. The extended charge on mine was only used a few times. 95% capacity remains.


Um 128k miles is a lot on any car. I have 56k miles on mine and I have around 20% degradation. I’ve been in the EV world for a long time now. 128K for $18k is a lot. I just bought a Rav EV for my wife a couple months ago. $13k for a 2012 with 35k. I know of another one I could buy right now for $13k too. You have degradation on the battery and wear and tare on the rest of the car. Seats, dash, carpets, cargo area etc. Both of my cars came with warranties for that price. Does yours have a warranty? If it does it better be a big warranty.

_________________
2014 Rav EV #3364
2012 Plug in Prius

OpenEVSE builds
priuschat.com/threads/my-openevse-build.115573/#post-1647089
Dual voltage, portable 40amp Openevse
myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1013&start=120


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Toyota Rav4 EV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group