In search of RAV4 EV with Jdemo upgrade

Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

Help Support Toyota Rav4 EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWFLEVOwners

I am looking for a RAV4 EV with the CHAdeMO upgrade kit. I keep seeing RAV4 EVs for sale online but i doubt any of them have the kit. Any advice or anyone looking to sell?

SWFLEVOwners said:
I am looking for a RAV4 EV with the CHAdeMO upgrade kit. I keep seeing RAV4 EVs for sale online but i doubt any of them have the kit. Any advice or anyone looking to sell?

My advice is to state where you are located (in your profile or message) and to say how far you are willing to travel or have the car shipped.

A thought would be to buy a good Rav4 without the JDEMO and then add it. I believe Tony is still offering the upgrade.

Not sure why everyone is obsessed with the amount of miles. I can understand for a gas car, but for EV's it is much less relevant, especially one made with Tesla components which have proven reliable.

quake said:
Not sure why everyone is obsessed with the amount of miles. I can understand for a gas car, but for EV's it is much less relevant, especially one made with Tesla components which have proven reliable.

Because battery degradation is a real thing. As it ages it loses battery capacity. If anything it’s MORE important than an ICE. An ICE’s gas tank doesn’t shrink as it ages.

As you said degradation occurs with age, as well as sitting a long time with a fully charged battery. Amount of miles driven has nothing to do with it. The extended charge on mine was only used a few times. 95% capacity remains.

quake said:
As you said degradation occurs with age, as well as sitting a long time with a fully charged battery. Amount of miles driven has nothing to do with it. The extended charge on mine was only used a few times. 95% capacity remains.

Um 128k miles is a lot on any car. I have 56k miles on mine and I have around 20% degradation. I’ve been in the EV world for a long time now. 128K for $18k is a lot. I just bought a Rav EV for my wife a couple months ago. $13k for a 2012 with 35k. I know of another one I could buy right now for $13k too. You have degradation on the battery and wear and tare on the rest of the car. Seats, dash, carpets, cargo area etc. Both of my cars came with warranties for that price. Does yours have a warranty? If it does it better be a big warranty.

TeslaInside ^_^ said:
I'm also looking for one with either 1) a replaced drive unit or 2) an extended warranty. Im from San Diego! :)

Did you come to our party yesterday? Lots of RAV4 EVs.

www.TheEVshow.com

Come on by our shop and we can show you RAV4 EVs.

1780 La Costa Meadows Drive
Suite 104
San Marcos, CA 92078

760-798-0342

TeslaInside ^_^ said:
I'm also looking for one with either 1) a replaced drive unit or 2) an extended warranty. Im from San Diego! :)
If you're still looking, my girlfriend is selling her 2014 RAV4 EV (shoreline blue pearl) which has both a replaced drive unit and an extended warranty. It also has the JdeMO upgrade and only 41,100 miles. Located in the San Jose, CA area. She's asking $21,500.

Here is her craigslist ad:
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/2014-toyota-rav4-ev/6690422686.html

Update: It’s now sold. (For $21,500.)

My Rav4 EV is for sale. Has 66,000 miles. The tesla battery was replaced at 55,000 miles. Has Jdemo. Heater and converter were replaced at about 45k miles (year and a half ago). Has a new Bosch battery. Extended warranty good for a few more years and around 30k more miles. Car also has a 2 inch hitch receiver for bike racks and stuff.
Currently located in Modesto, California.
I do not need a car with this much range and functionality for what I am using it for. (4 mile roundtrip to and from the airport)
Its previous purpose was replaced with a Tesla...

I would like to get $19,000 and that includes the extended warranty and include anything I can bundle with the car.
Willing to trade and will even deliver*

*Depends where you are, I'll spend up to a day.

Golfpilot said:
My Rav4 EV is for sale. Has 66,000 miles. The tesla battery was replaced at 55,000 miles. Has Jdemo. Heater and converter were replaced at about 45k miles (year and a half ago). Has a new Bosch battery. Extended warranty good for a few more years and around 30k more miles. Car also has a 2 inch hitch receiver for bike racks and stuff.
Currently located in Modesto.
I do not need a car with this much range and functionality for what I am using it for. (4 mile roundtrip to and from the airport)
Its previous purpose was replaced with a Tesla...
Will consider all offers AND trades

You should post a price and a location. I see it says Modesto. Where is that? Might want to say.

jimbo69ny said:
You should post a price and a location. I see it says Modesto. Where is that? Might want to say.
Thanks, I updated it and will post in the correct thread too. Just realized there is actually a thread for that

Back