Toyota Rav4 EV Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Warranty advice please
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:18 pm 

Hi all.

I live in British Columbia. I just purchased a 2012 from a non-Toyota dealer in Oakland, CA. Due to time constraints, I could not do much to explore the possibility of getting an extended warranty. I did call Toyota.com and they told me that extended warranties are available only from Toyota dealers and that I should contact a local dealer when I get home to Canada. I suspect that this won’t work, since the car was only ever sold in California. I’ll give it a shot next week, nevertheless. The car has just over 56,000 miles on it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. And thanks to Tony Williams for advising that I change the 12 volt battery before the car ships (resting voltage was 12.2) rather than waiting until the car arrived here.

Mike

Post subject: Re: Warranty advice please
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:49 pm 

I purchased my Toyota Platinum Extended used car warranty through the Toyota dealership in Bozeman MT. There is a thread here with details on various dealers.
I bought a used car warranty because my new car warranty expired while I was thinking of selling it.

By the way, do you mind sharing what you paid? I am forced to sell mine and am trying to set a reasonable price.

Post subject: Re: Warranty advice please
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:19 pm 

USD 14,500.
This vehicle does not have quick-charge, but Tony Williams remedied that, for a modest additional number of $. To be precise, Tony is sending me the parts to install myself. I like the part of the installation manual that says “you will not feel a shock” or (famous last) words to that effect.